Indy, put your money where your mouth is

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by cotton, Jan 3, 2016.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Better not marry that smoking hot girl, Indy. What if she gets fat?

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm confident in an 11-1 season at this point. I'm not confident in my ability to foresee all the possible things that could happen between now and the actual games that might make 11-1 seem significantly less likely. So I'll wait.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

NYY will always be around.

4. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

So you are confident that you might one day be confident in an 11-1 season. Got it.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm confident that no matter what I do in this situation, I'm gonna catch shit.

7. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

Come on dude...All you're out is a burger and fries and perhaps gettin' butt pirated in the back seat of cotton's car.

8. farmersdaughter

farmersdaughter Active Member

Just take it Indy, honestly, what's the absolute worst that could happen? You have to meet cotton and buy his supper? He doesn't strike me as a murderous psychopath and you'd be taking a whole lot less shit, seems like it's already a win :)

9. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Debatable

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Kick her to the curb, or lapband surgery.

11. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Life sucks.....have fun with it!

12. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

At this point, a face to face confrontation between Indy and cotton might not be a good idea...

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Cotton is a good guy; dinner with him would be a pleasure.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I have no problem with Cotton whatsoever. I've always considered him one of the more likable posters on this site. The recent events have seemed somewhat out of character.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't want to be wrong because of some stupid shit happening. If things go smoothly over the summer, I'll gladly make the bet before the season. That way, if I lose, it's not because of some bull shit.

16. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Hell, I'll wager we go undefeated and win SEC with Cotton for dinner of his choice, with stipulation we meet face to face.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

But you've already lost way more face by vehemently proclaiming "11-1" and then shying away from a simple wager on it. Even if they go 14-0, you clearly don't actually strongly believe they're going 11-1. So you should avoid poking anyone for saying less.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I haven't been shying away from anything. I've claimed over and over that if things before the season look similar to how they do now, I'll gladly take the bet. Clearly, I believe they will be 11-1. You're not an idiot. I don't see why this is so hard for you.

19. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Indy, you are missing the target completely. Your fear of losing the bet is preventing you seeing that losing an insignificant wager is no big deal, certainly not scorned when you stand up to your convictions. You are losing much more cred over this by your postulating. Circumstance can go either way, no wager is without it.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Losing the bet requires me to change my avatar to "I'm not as smart as I think I am." You telling me there is no sort of insult involved there?

I would rather the circumstances be the typical ins and outs of a football season than BS offseason stuff. And there's not a whole lot that can go negatively against his side of the wager. Similarly, there's no negative side to this bet for him, which is also not typical of your average bet.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016