Indy, put your money where your mouth is

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by cotton, Jan 3, 2016.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This is nonsensical. If you stand behind your prediction, make the bet

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

According to you. According to multiple people, my requests have been perfectly normal.

You're making up my argument. I never said "if nothing bad happens."

Funny how others have thought my requests to be perfectly logical. But what you say, goes, I guess.

When did a river come into this? Or a van?

Because that's not what I'm saying.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

After the NC game, regardless of outcome, some Clemson fans might predict that they will return to the NC game next season. Should they have to add the qualifier that they will only make it if Deshaun Watson remains healthy? Say Watson gets hurt week three. Is anyone going to come back and call them idiots for their prediction?

No. Everyone knows these sorts of qualifiers are built into the prediction. Well, everyone but you guys, I guess.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Why must you look for validation from "others"? You still haven't figured out that this bet was/is just a tool and not the main point.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If I was worried about your validation, I would have taken the bet a long time ago. You just keep going on and on about a bunch of stupid nonsense.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Bump.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Bump.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Did someone tell you you can't put qualifiers in your bet?

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Go back to page one. Cotton called it "backing up."

And really, he is trying to base the bet on my prediction minus the obvious qualifiers that come with it. I inform him that the qualifiers are pretty much a given, and he tells me I'm changing my prediction.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

as long as the qualifiers are resonable I doubt there would be a problem, but you listed like 10 things. if you are saying the vols can't handle any major injuries than I think that's backing off your prediction. Hell nd went what 10-2 with half their starters injured with their 3rd string qb.

11. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

My suggestion is to close this thread to further posts, leaving it for posterity. I have reached the ignore level of interest, and give up on Indy comprehending what I and several others have tried to do to help him bring this thread to a graceful resolution. I wash my hands, and will make no more comments.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Is there any possible way to cover all the potential qualifiers? What if we get so depleted at a position that someone with the talent equivalent of Jumper has to start for a number of games? How do I set up a qualifier that can cover that for any position?

What is the problem with finalizing the bet before the season starts? You all keep claiming I'm the idiot. Can anyone tell me the reason that making this bet as the season is starting is any less appealing than making it right this instant?

13. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I just want to reiterate that if this bet does ever happen, Cotton absolutely has to eat dinner in person with this insufferable cûnt rag. ~$100 is nothing. Having to deal with Indy face to face seems like a fate worse than anal fissures soaked in rubbing alcohol.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Someone else takes my prediction without the assumed qualifications, puts words in my mouth, forms a bet that has no negative outcome for himself, refuses to listen to any of my requests with regards to the bet, and then accuses me of "backing up" despite me saying I will gladly take the bet before the season starts. But I'm the one most aptly described by the 8th's new favorite vocabulary word? This has to be a joke.

15. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Stop being a *****. You had no qualifications. You shot off your mouth, and I thought it would be fun to call you out on it, because that's kind of what internets are for. Now, you are being an equivocating twit, backing up as fast as you can without trying to appear to back down. The bet wasn't offered before the season starts, it was offered when you said things like the ones I quoted, and also when you said things like:

and this:

and

and especially

So stop pretending somebody is picking on you unfairly. I started the thread because I had some suspicion that you were blowing smoke out of your ass in a pathetic effort to look cool, but also because I though a friendly internet wager might actually be fun. You couldn't do that and you couldn't decline without being a complete twit,so you are actually being picked on quite fairly.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

yikes. That was done more expertly than my wife. She suddenly gets super logical, meticulous, and sequential when it comes to my bad behavior.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You're right. I was just so worried about looking cool to a bunch of people I don't know that I must have forgotten to add all the qualifiers. I definitely should have included "barring any plane crashes, ACL tears for multiple players at a single position, ACL tears to multiple starters at multiple positions on a single side of the ball, all of our coaches being diagnosed with cancer, ISIS targeting and destroying the football facilities specifically, etc" before each and every post I made about my belief that we will win 11 games this year.

And go ahead and save me your self-righteous bull shit. A "friendly wager." Everyone knows what you were doing and what your intentions were. I tried to get around that and come to what I (and others) thought were acceptable terms, and you decided to change the narrative.

I haven't backed up on anything. I still believe what I've said all along. I'm going to continue posting my opinions, though this will almost certainly be my final post in this specific thread. And then, barring any crazy shit before the season, I will be the one starting a new thread offering an actual friendly wager to you, or, if you decline, whoever else would like to take it. Blowing smoke? I guess we will find out who's blowing smoke.

18. cotton

I thought when I said "put your money where your mouth is" that the point of the thread would be self evident, but apparently, you think I was trying to hide some motive. I thought, and think, that you are completely full of shit, an argumentative dipshit who was just shoots off his mouth.

Would you be kind enough to direct me to a "qualifier" that you mentioned before I offered the bet? Until then, I will simply assume that your assertions and convictions aren't worth two cheese Krystals and a digital image of Butch Jones.

19. cotton

I think you have a tough time squaring this statement with the above quotes.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You've already made the predictions. Multiple times. If we want to call you an idiot because of poor prognostication, you have already set it up.