Bombshell lawsuit filed against UT

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Daddy Gee, Feb 9, 2016.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Shaun King is a joke. He has a few apologists still on his side, but a lot of people are going after him now

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Jason Whitlock is going hard after him

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's pissed. He was on the radio here in Nashville laughing at his faking being black

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Was he really faking? My understanding is that it isn't cut and dried. He doesn't know who his father is, and his mother said he was a light skinned black. He grew up thinking and being treated as "black" to the point of being beaten by rednecks or something... I don't know what he is and don't really care. I'm just saying that this would be a more sincere mistaken race identity than that lady with curly red hair that dyes it was.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Whitlock, who interviewed him for a job, said he looked him up due to his outlandish stories. He said King's birth certificate said both parents were white.

He also said nothing exists on King being a victim of a "hate crime" in Kentucky.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

But the man on his birth certificate isn't his biological father (so he says).

There are people who went to high school with King that says it happened. I can think of a few things I witnessed in rural TN that wouldn't show up on records now. Just playing devil's advocate. I think we can easily attack the ideas and logic he's putting out without worrying about the authenticity of his heritage.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Besides, race is an archaic way of looking at things. We are all from East Africa if we go far enough back, and the idea that I am white but someone like Shaun King is black is ridiculous, even if his father was a light skinned "african american". Odds are he is more than 7/8th's "white" if he is that light skinned.

We are all practically identical DNA wise, and race just puts up walls.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree with that, it was funny hearing Jason Whitlock, a black guy, laughing at Shaun King for saying he was black. He did that after pretty much dismantling everything he reported and threw it in at the end of the interview.

He probably got beat up in high school for being an annoying little shit. That's a far cry from him saying he was the first reported hate crime recipient in Kentucky history, though.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I would probably laugh too and I get that this is more of a personal beef he has with King than a general statement about racial identity. But the African American community has a problem with "black enough" type stuff and there are some places you want to be careful about going in terms of defining others. Kind of like how Obama is "black" to black people when he is President, but before he "wasn't really black." And then for some white asses, it was reversed. You'd hear, "well he isn't really even black" once he was elected. It's all nonsense, as Norris said.

11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I don't drink to excess, but I tend to get pedantic as hell when I get a buzz.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Who the **** is Shaun King? I thought everyone was talking about the guy that played QB at Tulane, but he was definitely black, imo.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The last time I made an ass out of myself, this was in 2006, we drank pretty much all day, came in from a football game and I saw someone I thought was flirting with my now wife. He had a handle of Jack Daniel's and he kept offering everyone a drink. He would sip it and for some reason, that pissed me off. I told him to take a real drink. I jerked the bottle out of his hand and took a few big swallows out of it, then slammed it on the counter. The bottle exploded, cut my hand all to pieces and my now wife gave me an earful.

The guy was someone her and her roommates all knew from high school and they all considered him harmless. I scared that poor guy to death.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A twitter user that got a job at a shit newspaper

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

He got famous from Black Lives Matter stuff.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

So, a slightly more successful Sab?

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Whitlock first attacked his sham of an article, then started mocking him in general

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

What Sab is to recruiting, this guy is to social justice warrior flashpoints.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He got kicked out of the black lives matter movement for stealing money n

20. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Now there is a womans right group Violet something or other, has a petition out that wants Nation Wide and Papa Johns to drop Peyton as spokesman.