The Vacation/Travel Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by **TDCVOL**, Apr 3, 2016.

1. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Agreed. I prefer the Caribbean to Hawaii, more diverse, and more islands to choose from. Hawaii is too crowded and commercialized.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Going to Charleston in a few weeks without the kids.

Going to Sanibel in June with the kids to meet my parents for a week.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Spain had that interesting mixture of magnificent cathedrals and mosques. Very different, but both very impressive.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Have to go to the smaller islands and stay away from anywhere a cruise ship stops

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hawaii is a lot safer, though. I'd feel comfortable taking my wife to the little dive in Maui. When we go to the Caribbean I don't let her out of the resort.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The fishing was fun off of HHI.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  7. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

The only place I felt unsafe was Dominican Republic. Just like anywhere, use common sense and stay away from questionable areas.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

HHI is great. I would live there

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Going to sandals white house in Jamaica this June for the 10 year anniversary.

Also a fan of both destin and HHI for family trips.

Probably going to Disney in march of 17.

10. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Love Napa and typically make it out a couple times each year. Enjoy London a lot and first trip to Scotland was fantastic. Definitely want to head back to see more of the country.

We are fortunate to live near beautiful beaches, which is great.

11. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

My parents have a home in Boothbay, it's paradise. I go back every summer for Windjammer days.

12. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

Easily the best vacay I've had.

13. wildnkrazykat

I'd love to go to Ireland someday.

14. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Enjoy these days. My son is 18 now. He got is Eagle Scout right before his birthday. Scouting was a fun ride. Good times.

15. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Me too. Been to many European countries to include England. Would like to go to Ireland and Scotland.

16. wildnkrazykat

I've never traveled abroad and know I would enjoy many places. But the top of my list would be those two. If love to take my dad to the Holy Land, too.

17. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

When you have kids I think ease of travel is a huge factor (It is for us at least). My girls are 8 and 5, it's not easy to travel long distances in a car with them. Hence the Destin favorite. I would love to check out California and Grand Canyon.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Yup. I ain't going anywhere I can't get in a fairly easy day's drive.

19. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I've thought about getting my pilots license. I could buy a part of one of my friends plane and could fly my family to lots of other places. It's not really that expensive. But I get motion sick extremely bad. It's never affected me in a plane yet but if it did I would be in trouble if I was the pilot.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep. If I can't get an airplane ticket there or get there in 3 or less hours, I ain't going. Mine are 1 and 4 with another one due in September.