The Vacation/Travel Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by **TDCVOL**, Apr 3, 2016.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Disney world will be happening for me in the near future. We were supposed to go in January, but my clone kept getting in trouble at mother's day out, so those plans got canceled.

2. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Dude, yours are too little for Disney right now aren't they ? I have been waiting to take mine. My 5 year old gets freaked out by people dressed up in animal costumes ( I know I know she's weird).

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It's a goal of mine to never go to Disney ever again

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Doing Disney week for hopefully the last time in a couple weeks. Never going back.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My oldest isn't scared of costumes, just loud noises. My youngest is fearless to the point of freaking us out.

6. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

One good part of being freaked out by costumes ? I never have to go to Chuck E Cheese !! Lol

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

We've avoided that place like the plague

8. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

Having never been there, I wholeheartedly agree.
    I have girls 7 and 8. Wish me luck.

9. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

We have grown cousins who go to Disney multiple times per year. Without kids.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

if i ever have kids i plan on telling them it's not a real place, like the North Pole.

11. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Never been. Never plan to go.

12. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Had a blast at Disney in Feb. My kids are 6 and 8. With younger kids can be pretty tiring. Still fun but be realistic about what you can do everyday.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I personally prefer mountains over beaches. Wife is the opposite though.

14. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I like both. We usually rent a cabin in N. Carolina every year for our anniversary. Last year we went to N,Myrtle Beach.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

i like a little bit of everything, i guess, but i like going, seeing, and doing, if that makes sense.

a couple of days at the beach is enough. did a cruise once and had a good time with friends but it's too much lying around for me, although our route got jacked up because of the swine flu in Mexico

you can't beat venice at night, tho. everybody ought to do that before they die

16. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

A couple days at the beach is enough for me too. My wife and kids in the other hand...not so much. Only thing they want to do is beach,eat,shop.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This is brilliant.

I'm the complete opposite. I can stay on the beach front 8 or 9 in the morning until 4 or 5 in the afternoon. Go back to the condo for an hour for dinner and then back on the beach until dark. Rinse and repeat until the week is over.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I can't stand more than an hour or two at the beach

19. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I bet if you had a surf rod and the blues were running you might just stay a bit longer.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

They can't ride most of the rides till they are like 7. And it's the rip off of the century