Modern Healthcare

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NorrisAlan, May 18, 2016.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Gotcha. Yeah, I have to think most of them go to people like me, who theoretically could have a reaction bad enough to warrant using one, but the odds are incredibly low.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's always a system problem. We have to demolish it to fix it.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

1. Repeal parts of Obamacare - namely, the exchanges, uninsured tax.
    2. Retain the prohibitions against denial for a pre-existing condition, and requirement that all insurances must pay for preventative care.
    3. Remove any and all prohibitions or hindering factors from open - and hopefully savage - competition amongst insurance companies, particularly those which now stupidly prevent it across state lines or any other geographic limit.
    4. Set one universally singular rate for the maximum deductible and other out-of-pocket expense that the insured can be required to pay in a calendar year.
    5. Limit these protections and provisions to verifiably legal U.S. citizens, alone.
    6. Couple the initial and continued coverage of indigent persons to their meeting, or continuous and satisfactory progress toward, certain health standards. Simply, we'll pay for your healthcare (preventative, routine and emergent) but you've got to assume primary responsibility in maintaining your health. So, if you smoke, have an untreated addiction, don't manage your diabetes, don't get regularly prescribed checkups, have a BMI of 75, or fail to take your medicine as prescribed - you lose your coverage, and cannot regain it until you are back within and satisfy those prescribed standards. Don't want to adhere to these guidlines? Great! Get your own coverage, or go without, and best of luck to you.

Wouldn't this solve the problem, in both near and short-term?

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There were guys in the 60s saying socialized medicine is inevitable for us.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I've got three year old ones that look fine. Wouldn't use them unless my good ones were exhausted and I was still symptomatic and not near help.

6. Tenacious D

I don't know if you are right or not, but I suspect that you most strongly (only?) want the system's destruction because you think that a single-payer system is its next natural replacement.

And I would be for forced sterilization, physician-encouraged suicide and the basic disappearance of person(s) - before I'd ever agree to that.

7. Tenacious D

What'd you stay at a Holiday Inn last night?

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

We've had 4 prescriptions for my daughter, I shot one into an empty Coke bottle. I'm not sure how much medicine came out, but it looked like less than a CC of liquid.

9. Tenacious D

My dumbass brother-in-law has very mild allergies to bee stings. Aoparently, he got stung by a wasp one time, and despite being completely asymptomatic, he panicked that he was surely about to go into anaphylactic shock at any moment. So he grabbed his EPI-PEN, opener it, and rammed it into his thigh, almost as directed on the instructions.

I say "almost" because it was upside down, and as I've been told, the large needle didn't shoot into his thigh, but up and through his thumb and nail.

Unfortunately, I didn't see it happen, and it was several years ago, IIRC.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

My allergist always gives me a coupon that knocks a ton off the price. I think those things are pretty easy to come by.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

interesting fact I have not verified.

ceo is child of a dem senator from wv and said ceo donated 250k to Clinton Foundation last year.

12. vols4sure

vols4sure Member

And Clinton so happens to tweet about this issue when scrutiny of Clinton Foundation picks up with the AP article about 50% of meetings as SOS being with donors? Will be interesting if the "independent" media starts running with the story of Clinton scrutinizing someone that donated to the foundation.

13. vols4sure

vols4sure Member

I have always wondered why this is done. Every ridiculously priced prescription I have ever been prescribed has come from the doctor with some type of card that reduces the amount I pay by at least 50%.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

heck, I can get all of you one of those cards in the next half hour across the board.

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

This

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

This isn't a good idea. It's too sticky and nuanced. I could see ensuring hormone treatment, but not something permanent like this.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

No child should be having anything that permanently done to their body when there is no immediate danger involved.