I Guess Tebow's Serious

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bigpapavol, Aug 9, 2016.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

that's fair. but Spikes made it and played well as have those DBs. The DL guys were really the busts.

2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Yeah Jarvis Moss and Derrick Harvey were definitely busts. To be fair Carlos Dunlap has been really good for the Bengals.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

having the pouncey's shouldn't be discounted either. a great center in college can make an oline look really good.

4. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

They were great. Trautwein was underrated as hell.

5. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

If you know so much more, then how about you show demonstrate it? Use words and sentences to show how I'm wrong.

I do realize that this would represent a major departure from your demonstrated* modus operandi of doing literally nothing but taking personal jabs at me, and I totally understand how the "personal jabs only" approach makes you feel really cool and tough, but at some point it becomes really weird and pathetic. And that point was like six months ago.

*I haven't been keeping track of the time, but it feels like you've been childishly bitter towards me -- for underlying reasons of which I remain unaware -- for less than a year but more than six months. 8 months feels about right.

6. kidbourbon

7. kidbourbon

I agree with this. In fact, there's been a time or two when I've argued the merits of the 2008 UF offense and, weirdly, my trumpeting of that offense was met with much disagreement on this site.

8. kidbourbon

You mean like Droski and BPV arguing that it was all just Harvin?

9. kidbourbon

It wasn't?

If in fact it wasn't, then write better.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The poster I was addressing seemed to understand just fine. Mission accomplished. Read the entire posts, the posts that lead up to it, and don't be a ****ing moron. The argument was about whether or not he is athletic enough to play a different position in the NFL, not about whether or not he could be a good QB in college. Your MO of skimming the thread, calling everyone retards while failing to grasp the discussion, then checking out is getting old.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I said very clearly in another post why he not only wouldn't make it, but why he was a horrible hitter. You claimed he could hit and that's all you needed.

And I take jabs at you because you're an immature kid that comes across as an arrogant asshole.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Seems we were arguing is was all the OLine, Harvin, Demos and Rainey while you were talking Timmy as the best around. Did I somehow misread your posts and hide mine?

13. kidbourbon

Yeah, I get that you're bitter about something. I picked up on that 8ish months ago, as noted. I'm not terribly concerned with your reasons. I do feel, though, that for a guy who likes to demonstrate how cool and tough he is on a message board, that the preferred option would be to dispense with bi-weekly drive-by personal jabs and save up all that vitriol for some day in the future when you get to meet me in person. Then at that point, whatever's on your mind, you can say to me directly. And there will likely -- hopefully -- be some people there from this board for you to impress. I feel like that's the play.

And in the meantime, we'll all benefit from more actual substance in your posts, and less of this residual diarrhea from your incurable perma-butthurt.

Good talk.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  14. kidbourbon

I actually went out of my way to *not* make this claim.

15. kidbourbon

Droski: "the offense went to shit when Harvin left"
    BPV: "agreed"

And I believe this exchange was just recently.
    To be fair, it could be that they've gone and changed the meaning of the term "gone to shit" and I just haven't heard. Freaking Merriam-Webster. Who can keep up?

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I'll say it again because obviously you are going to talk about what you want regardless of what you read. I think you are an immature douchebag. Pretty sure this faux tough guy you claim I'm "trying to impress" is simply me telling you of your immaturity. You have a large enough body of work around here that I'm comfortable pegging you as a douchebag. Go back and read my posts since I've been here. Outside of the couple of stragglers we've had that were trolling, YOU are the only person I've ever just flat out despised. Also, when there are other level headed posters that get tired of your schtick... Maybe it is you.

You claim I'm upset or butt hurt or whatever hipster pop-collared term you can come up with as flavor of the week because of baseball. Couldn't be further from the truth. In fact, you hating baseball is the greatest endorsement for the game since they started serving popcorn in the stands. So don't use that as your security blanket. I deal with 15-19 year old kids everyday, and most of those have reached a level of maturity you couldn't find in a 2 acre field.

Have a good day. I'm sure you'll respond with some hipster comment with cute catchphrases and reminding the board you are the smartest in the room. I won't read it. In fact, anything you post from here on out will never be responded to or given more than a millisecond of thought. I chose a career where I deal with teenagers on a daily basis. I don't have to associate with adults that act like them, however.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm not sure how many times "athletic for a skill position guy" can be quoted and not understood. Does the conversation following it where BPV and I discuss whether he could make it as a TE or FB provide any assistance?

You've evidently picked Dennis Reynolds as your personal role model. In Dennis's world no one likes him. Congratulations. Now go away, please.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Look more. I said the OLine, defense and take it to house options made it work. Losing Harvin clearly hurt the offense badly.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Gomez thinks the Barves are the best fit.

Gold, Jerry.

20. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Early reviews from his workout are that he can't throw a ball better than any of us.