I Guess Tebow's Serious

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bigpapavol, Aug 9, 2016.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Your proof? That he was dominant at the next level when his line wasn't completely decimating people or he didn't have the fastest guys in football as threats? Harvin was the best player on the field every time they went on it.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He has no chance (to make any type of long term career out of this).

He can't play (at any kind of level that will be considered successful).

Better?

I can hit BP; not with any kind of consistency or power. But I bet I can hit the ball. That doesn't mean I can play.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It's just anecdotal, but I was a very good HS and legion ball hitter. When I got to college, I didn't hit any more because the legit good hitters were just flat way better than I was. The pitching quality makes all the difference.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Freshman year of high school, I played baseball until coach brought out the curve master machine. Then we had to hit off the semi highly recruited senior (who really wasn't even a pitcher). I quickly realized the game wasn't for me anymore.

But I could catch up grooved BP.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Chris Leak disagrees

6. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

And his two running backs? How are their pro careers turning out?

7. kidbourbon

No he doesn't. Chris Leak knows how terrible he was.

8. kidbourbon

Form sentences. I have no idea what you're saying.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You accused me of doing something you did to me just a few posts previously.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not a sentence.

11. kidbourbon

Doesn't mean he can't play.

I have no idea whether he can make it. The point is: the various "he can't make it" came without any knowledge of whether he could play. And the idea that somebody could make the majors at 29 is not outlandish.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

This is not a sentence.

13. kidbourbon

But it makes sense.

14. kidbourbon

Please reply substantively. You're being annoying.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think if you bothered reading the thread it would be evident. If that would be too annoying, don't worry about it.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Demps and Rainey?

Demps went to the Olympics instead of the combine and still managed to bounce around the league for a few years.

Rainey lasted a few years in the league too

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Stick to what you know. Tennis, and fingering unwilling females in a public library.

18. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

It's going to be extremely difficult for him to advance, we've all talked about hitting, that's gonna be hard enough but can the guy play a position? I want to see him throw a baseball. Accurately.

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Wait there's more to the game than hitting? Kidjackass told us all if he can hit he can play. Hell, not sure why the entire MLB front offices aren't jumping all over this future HOFer.

20. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Nonsense. He's a fine catcher.