I Guess Tebow's Serious

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bigpapavol, Aug 9, 2016.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

First baseman, then

2. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I like Russell Wilson's comment "Hope he can hit a curveball, baseball's kind of hard".

Have a friend who played AA who mentioned hitting a deuce from a legit potential pitcher compared to anyone he had faced before was like comparing Arnie's Army and the Wermacht.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

The difference in breaking stuff from A ball to AA is huge.

Just watched the Bleacher Report video on Twitter of his workout. He has BP power. Takes horrible angles in OF. Looks like a fish out of water fielding and throwing. And then looked like Helen Keller hitting live pitching. He wouldn't make most Division 2 rosters. Let alone ever make it in pro ball.

We get it, Tim. You've lost your fifteen minutes and want to compete. Either learn to play golf, or break down and tell your parents you're gay.

4. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I love the crowd saying the BP long balls means something. Heck, there's plenty of out of shape college guys with beer guts that can still do it.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I'm ready to watch him fail in the Carribean winter leagues.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I see it every year at two alumni weekends.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm ready to watch him take a fastball off the dome.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Best evaluation around

9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I don't even know baseball, but I remember from little league that back foot is supposed to be solid af. His back foot is all over the place in these videos

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The older I get the more I realize just how incredibly good these guys are.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[video=youtube;Ps8yWie33Ek]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps8yWie33Ek[/video]

12. NorrisAlan

[video=youtube;-8OSLLlQ7FQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8OSLLlQ7FQ[/video]

Second part, and look at Arrieta's slider at 3:30. I think that would cause permanent damage to Tebow.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

saw a stat recently that you are more likely to make the NFL if you are in a power 5 conference college football player than a guy who gets signed into the minors making a major league roster. you forget how many minor league players there are.

14. Joseph Brant

And every one of them was really good wherever they came from.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah and that was the point about tebow that they made. all of those guys were studs in HS. i'm no swing expert, but I thought tebow's swing looked a little odd. like long or something. i'd think he'd need to shorten it up to hit major league pitching. but what do I know?

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The two best high schoolers I ever watched in person never made it past AA. One played at ETSU and the other at UT.

17. NorrisAlan

Either you can hit breaking pitches, or you cannot. That is the threshold for AAA/MLB action, I would imagine.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

And ability to locate for pitchers

19. Joseph Brant

Lots of Tebow Mets jerseys will be gifted for Hanukkah this year.

20. NorrisAlan

I hate the Mets with the burning of 10000 suns. This is a good day.