Official Predict the Battle at Bristol Score

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Sep 5, 2016.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

We also weren't going to need overtime to beat Appalachian State.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The more that game App St Game sits in my mind, the more I am convinced this season is going to end worse than the 9-3 I have been predicting since February.

3. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Agree. We won't fully shit the bed until we get to our annual tradition of doing it against Florida.

4. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Even the shiniest of sunshine pumpers would be ready to torch some mattresses in that scenario.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I was on the fence between 9-3 and 8-4 before the season started. After Thursday, I'm thinking 6-6 or 7-5 is possible.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Our fan base would rationalize losing to first year head coach by mentioning that Bud Foster has been there forever.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't care for remakes.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

A national prime time game that has been hyped for two years and will be played in front of the largest crowd in college football history seems like the perfect scenario for Butch to go into purple face bed shitting mode. He'll be wound up tighter than a bull's asshole during fly season.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

10. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I think the Vols roll 38-10 or something like that. I'm hoping/thinking the App St game was a reality check/wake up call to bring the team back down to earth and get them focused. They'll be ready for this one.

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Va tech: 24
    tennessee: 14

12. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I keep thinking Tennessee rolls, but then I keep thinking about Debord and Trumpet Blower. So I'll say UT 28 VT 21

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I win. Because this stupid game that has been overhyped for 2 years will finally be over with.

14. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Yes you have unfortunately.

Va Tech 23 Tennessee 17

15. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I have completely lost the ability to objectively evaluate Tennessee football. With that said, I'm going the homer route and say

Vols - 35
    VT - 14

But if we lose, how fast will this season spiral out of control and/or butch lose this team. Will they have to take another team photo and start over after the 2nd game?

16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Va Tech didn't exactly look good the day either. Think talent wins out.

17. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I think some of yall are overreacting.

The Vols defense did not play well the first half and the offense played as lousy as it could the entire game. Give App St some credit...they played a helluva game. Is there any question they would beat the likes of Vandy, Kentucky, South Carolina, Miss St, etc.? No, they aren't great but they're good enough to beat you when turning in the piss poor effort that was given Thursday night. Tennessee was extremely fortunate to win that game seeing how badly they were outplayed. As much as I don't like Butch's coaching he's not a complete fool and he'll have the Vols ready for VT.

Now, if Tennessee continues to have offensive problems against VT and turns in another stinker of a performance I'll feel differently. For now, I'll remain optimistic and chalk it up to it being the first game against a team that's better than most people are giving them credit for.

[​IMG]

18. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

30-20 Vols

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, they didn’t exactly light up Liberty

20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Looked exactly like they should against a nothing team, other than the turnovers. Played two QBs, four different WRs had a touchdown. Three or four backs had about the same amount of rushing yards, including their freshman back. Their dual threat quarterback ran and threw the ball. 252 passing yards and 206 rushing yards, seems like a pretty balanced offense.

And they shut their offense down when it was no longer necessary to run it.

It was against an FCS team, but, other than ball security, they did what they needed to do, and rotated players in the process.