President Trump's First 100 Days

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Nov 13, 2016.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Also, anyone else think that wasn't as much for Afganistan as it was as a warning shot for Fat Kid?

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I hope so

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pretty much all it was, in my opinion

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

"I read about the MOAB. A really, really big bomb. Yuge. We dropped it, bigly, and now USA is best. Biggest non-nuclear bomb ever dropped in war! Great, great bomb." - The Pres

But in all seriousness, I do wonder if it is a) a message to Kim and NK and b) we have it, lets use it.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

We probably only have like 20 of them, but then how many do you really need?

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

SpecOps has been unleashed on ISIS. I think I've think I've read somewhere that they've killed 50+ of their leaders of late, and that as a result, many may have retreated to those caves, and where the fight continues. A Green Beret was recently killed during a mission in the same area where that bomb was dropped. I don't think the sight of that bomb, or evidencing the resolve behind the decision to drop it, makes NK, Iran or Syria very comfortable, but I also don't think that's the reason we dropped it.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

5, tops

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

10. NorrisAlan

Oklahoma Representative Markwayne Mullin says "Bullcrap" when constituents say they pay his salary.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/14/politics/markwayne-mullin-town-hall/index.html

I know this has nothing to do with Trump, or maybe it does in an off-hand way the GOP has been operating since his election, but this seems totally bizarre to me that a Congressman would actually say this.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

But that's not where he makes his money! He's providing a service! What a [penis]. He sounds like a feudal lord.

12. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I thought lobbyists paid their salary?

13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Markwayne? Sounds like something out of a Key and Peele skit.

14. NorrisAlan

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm disappointed how little he's got done.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Turns out talking and doing are completely different things. I'm not even a little surprised he's mostly just shit all over himself.

100 days is a dumb number anyway. Completely ridiculous.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

To be honest, I hope he continues to get nothing done for the next 3 1/2 years except put two more Gorsuches on the court. I want states to be able to restrict abortion to extreme cases. Aside from budget deficits, it's the main reason I care about politics at all. I'm sure I'm on an island with that.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd say you're in the Midwest on that.

I think trump has learned more things in the last 100 days than in the previous 50 years. That's probably not unusual, he just went in so obviously divorced from reality that it is jarring. Turns out healthcare is really complicated? No shit. Everything is complicated. That's why passions run high.

19. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

If Trump thought Deep State was just going to drop its' panties and make it easy on him, he found out otherwise very quickly. As Drudge tweeted a month or so ago, "The Swamp drains you". I hope that is not the case.

20. NorrisAlan

One part from the AP interview:

"TRUMP: They had a quote from me that NATO's obsolete. But they didn't say why it was obsolete. I was on Wolf Blitzer, very fair interview, the first time I was ever asked about NATO, because I wasn't in government. People don't go around asking about NATO if I'm building a building in Manhattan, right? So they asked me, Wolf ... asked me about NATO, and I said two things. NATO's obsolete — not knowing much about NATO, now I know a lot about NATO — NATO is obsolete, and I said, "And the reason it's obsolete is because of the fact they don't focus on terrorism." You know, back when they did NATO there was no such thing as terrorism."

[​IMG]