Manchester Terrorist Attack

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, May 23, 2017.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Well, bigot might not be the right word. I retract and apologize. I just understand his viewpoint as well as the one you voiced in support of Trump, and there isn't that much daylight between them. And I get it: There are 300 million plus people in this country and people all over the world that want to come here. Keeping this place safe is a laudable goal. Not wanting muslims to come in is not necessarily hateful.

Anyway, I like that fact that you quoted the scriptures you quoted, I just wonder if you've thought through what they mean in the context of the refugee situation. How am I going to show love to a muslim refugee if I refuse him entry into my country? It's a thorny issue, but I think Jesus would have picked a side. If you apply the verses you chose to the muslim issue I don't think you can keep holding onto the idea that we shouldn't let them in.

2. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

You don't get the luxury of throwing out a baseless, false claim and then attempt to berate others for "not making progress".

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

There are ways around making it just a "Muslim ban". I get why they'd take offense to it but I wouldn't necessarily call it an attack on them.

Those here need to understand that they are American just as you or I am. That comes back to assimilation i suppose.

4. GahLee

Assimilation should happen organically. Each generation should be more assimilated than the last. We see that in moderate Muslims in this country. We see the exact opposite in those that are more Fundementalist. Inability to discern the two is a problem we can't really solve.

There really is no way to go about this that will be universally accepted. But I feel as if we have to do what we have to do.

5. GahLee

Ok.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Are we going to call for the 4th Circuit to be broken up too now?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Gonna go to the Supremes?

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Yes.

9. Tenacious D

No, it's adequately sized and not second most overturned court.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Should we break up the 1st most overturned?

11. Tenacious D

That's the Federal System.

But still, I guess it would depend on if they've become a bloated, clogged, oft over-turned, over-representative group who hasn't seen any adjustment in over 100 years since its formation, even despite its representing the single fastest growing population of any region during that time.

Because the 9th Circuit fits each of those criteria, and quite nicely.

12. Tenacious D

I look forward to Justice Gorsuch's opinion on this case, as it will be the first real test of his infant tenure.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Infidels

[​IMG]

16. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

That wasn't a threat, they found a bag that was left the previous day by a security guard.

17. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Rinos gonna Rino and miss a golden opportunity. Congress creates the courts and has a right to restrict their jurisdiction over subject matter. A real conservative congress would have already passed a law reigning in the courts interference in immigration matters. Their job is to deport unless there is a good reason no to.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Was this rhetorical? Because hell if I know.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Apparently they run anti-terrorism ads in the ME:

[youtube]U49nOBFv508&feature[/youtube]