Manchester Terrorist Attack

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, May 23, 2017.

1. halamadridista

halamadridista New Member

Honestly, this wasn't the first time that Manchester Stadium has undergone ISIS bombing attack. I believe that they have received a threat during a football game. This is sad as innocent people have been the victim, even Ariana Grande got traumatized that she has to cancel her concent on Europe.

BTW, sorry for being an intruder in this forum as I don't see a page in this forum wherein I can introduce myself. I am Alex.

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

So the Constitution, as it was written by the Framers in 1787 is to be taken in absolutes? No variance in its applicability whatsoever or none of it matters? Is that what you're saying?

Coming to America is a title to a great movie, not a birthright. If non-citizens "rights" are infringed upon in order to further protect actual American citizen lives, well as the great Prince Akeem Joffer one said " Yes! Yes! **** you too!"

3. GahLee

If im being chastised for calling an argument a strawman, then lets at least be presice. I got no troll in my bones. It looked like a classic strawman being built, hence the reason I asked "you're not building a strawman already". We can keep derailing the thread by harping over a inconsequential comment if you want.

No, I'm really trying to talk about about the subject. See every single other post in this thread that isn't in direct response with you and Fl0at. For whatever reason you want to throw a stone and hide your hand.

And by definition, what he was doing, by design or not was the beginning of a strawman. Jews have zero to do with the conversation. Using them as a parallel example only serves a purpose if you're trying get the person to evacuate their initial thought and defend something completely and totally unrelated to that initial thought.

But by all means, let's keep the pedal down on whether or not I correctly labeled something a strawman and completely ignore the reason everyone clicked on this thread. We're making progress.

4. GahLee

It's all good. Welcome aboard and post more often if you can.

5. GahLee

Post tragedy condolences have become too frequent. They don't mean anything anymore. And that's not an intended slight against you or your sympathy towards the victims and their families. By all accounts you're a stand up guy, it's just reality as I see it.

Let's stop praying for victims and their families and start preying on those who perpetrate these crimes.

And I don't mean prey as in to massacre. There is a non-violent way of resolution, at least in part.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

[youtube]v4vWR5BpDdQ[/youtube]

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I think it is exactly the opposite. I think it is the most dangerous. Those here would see it as an attack on their people, their culture and their religion.

And that would lead to more home grown terrorism, and more illegal entry.

8. fl0at_

Where were you told what a strawman is?

9. fl0at_

Assimilation cannot be forced. Immigration is not a major source of terrorism.

If people are forced to make drastic change in their lives, they will reject it and lash out. This is basic psychology; instead they have to desire the change, and be part of the change. So that's the flaw with forced isolation.

And that doesn't happen by walling off the country and isolating. Because then those very groups that need to experience other cultures never do so, and never adapt and never change. And that's fhe flaw with a ban.

10. fl0at_

No, it was not a strawman.

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Hippopotamus shit!

12. Tenacious D

I am not aware of any standing legal determination by which the US Constitution has been seen to extend any rights to non-US citizens, or how such would even be possible.

But I'm happy to be educated, if someone wants to point it out.

13. JayVols

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/413/266

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/99-7791.ZS.html
    http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-supreme-court/457/202.html
    https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/118/356/case.html
    http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-supreme-court/163/228.html

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I would like to point out that it is far more efficient, productive and successful to monitor or vet people by behavior, associations, etc. rather than simply their religious background or ethnicity. It's what Israel, although I have some issues with certain things they do, does to good success. That's why I say people who want a complete Muslim ban are just advocating laziness because there are ways to protect ourselves without winding back the clock to a more narrow-minded time in our history. Immigration is not a bad thing, good, in fact. Helping refugees is a wonderful thing and those that help with these people can tell you what a rewarding experience it is as well as how grateful most of these people are. I'm not for throwing the baby out with the bath water.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It isn't that non-citizens have a "right" to come to America. I keep hearing this argument and it's silly. People get rejected for visas all the time. It's that someone applying for a visa to come to America has the right, in a sense, to have their application considered without being discriminated according to their ethnicity, sex, etc. This idea that we have some kind of revolving door for anyone and everyone to come in as they like is a scenario not really justified by reality or arguments made by anyone.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jeez, tenny. If you think my Canadian mother has no rights here, you are sorely mistaken. America is the gold standard of rights. Everyone on our soil has rights.

17. Tenacious D

Canadian mother?!

So much has snapped into sudden clarity.

J/K I love most Canadians.

18. Tenacious D

19. JayVols

No problem. I've actually learned a lot in this endeavor as well.

20. fl0at_

How is the UK determining that the images published were sent to the US?

Watermarks, LSB signature? Or just that it came from the Times, therefore the leak must be US.