Urban Meyer is human trash

Discussion in 'Sports' started by lylsmorr, Aug 1, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

He offered an apology and admitted it was true. That doesn't mean he made amends or has truly owned up to wrong doing.

I don't follow this closely, so I might be off. But I think he just took 9 months off and came back.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You know, with OSU being a state school, at least some federal dollars are involved in this. I’m sure Urban’s salary is taken care of with athletics profits and donations, but a lot of these bums that conducted the farce of an investigation are probably driving home from a long day of shitbag protecting in a Mercedes that your tax dollars paid for.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You are both wrong. He did not apologize, vowed to do it again, and has been on a killing spree. Get the facts straight.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Not being an ass, but they’ve just publicly released verifiably positive proof that he lied about knowing it - first publicly and then even in his response to the investigation - and that OSU had this in their hands, and STILL did nothing about it.

I’m not sure what else could come out that’s any worse than that, tbh.

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Women take 9 months off all the time. I don't see the big deal.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I didn’t know about it until yesterday, but I reported it a long time ago.

7. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

https://mobile.twitter.com/CoachZachSmith

Read his twitter feed for the last hour. Coward hiding behind his kids, saying all this is hurting them. I’d say his actions has caused that.

Also trying to go after Brett McMurphy. I guess the three-ring thong was too far?

Lol circus.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  8. Tenacious D

Whoo boy...

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He needs help

10. Tenacious D

If he validated their accusations, and publicly apologized...what else does he need to do?

What else can he do?

Again, I don’t give a shit about him, either way, but at what point is he allowed to resume his career?

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No one saw this coming. No one, I tell ya.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

My understanding is that his apology was a general one, not to the people he put in that situation.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I mean, urban apologized, tenny. Why won't you let him move on with his life?

14. InVolNerable

10 months, minimum.

15. InVolNerable

Apologizing and taking accountability are entirely different.

Again, I don't know the CK side, but Meyer has merely feigned sincerity and essentially passed the blame. "Sorry" doesn’t mean shit without an action to help make things better.

Looking at his statement, at the very least CK took accountability and admitted actual fault. Way more than Meyer's, "Oh yeah, by the way, sorry to that lady who happened to be married to my assistant."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/10/arts/television/louis-ck-statement.html

Admitting being wrong, delving into why he was wrong, actually acknowledging the people he's wronged is why he gets that pass and Meyer doesn't. imo.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Laughing pretty hard at a list of people that have been "LEGITIMATELY" hurt that includes the fans but not the chick with the blackeyes that Shelley Meyer was praying for.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Don't get drunk in the middle of the day and start tweeting, mmmmkay?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Masturbate in front of coworkers repeatedly and see how long until your work invites you back

20. InVolNerable

Subordinates or compliant coworkers?