Urban Meyer is human trash

Discussion in 'Sports' started by lylsmorr, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Meyer is pissed that this interrupted him coaching his team. The idea that any of this from a moral standpoint bothers him to the point that his is generally sorry is a miss.

He sorry he got caught up in it.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Beechervol likes this.
  3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That's part of my job interview.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

When can I come in?

lylsmorr likes this.
  5. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Whole lot of commotion for someone slipping on a helmet

NorrisAlan and warhammer like this.
  6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Or out?

NYY likes this.
  7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I hate that take, as it’s archetypical of why I loathe SJW’s desire to form kangaroo courts of public opinion, and where they then sit in as judge, jury and executioner.

How in the holy hell do his bad acts now mean that he’s not only charged with responsibility for doing “things” to help women in comedy, but in the results of that effort?

And even if he should be responsible for such a thing (which is absurd) - to what standard should he be held in meeting it? Can he meet it? Could anyone? Or is he just conscripted to a lifetime of trying to meet it, simply because a bunch of uninvolved people now demand it?

The author decries that he hasn’t been criminally charged - that’s not his fault, and I’ve yet to hear of any victim trying to press charges but being rebuffed. Go protest the DA if you want him charged.

The author decries that he hasn’t made restitution to his victims - fair enough, so have the victims sue the piss out of him. That haven’t done that also isn’t his fault.

And, the cherry on this sundae of stupid - and atypical of SJW’s - the author bemoans that he shouldn’t be allowed to perform, and people to decide to watch or not according to their own opinions and beliefs - simply because that removes the debate as to the jurisdiction of the kangaroo court over which they preside and rule.

It’s dumb, and he should ignore them and resume his career.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let's examine it the other way. What have these SJWs, as you call them, done to legally or physically incapacitate him from performing or working? Nothing. That kangaroo court you mock IS public opinion, and people are deciding whether to watch him or not. Your whole premise is hand wringing over nothing more than a difference of opinion.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  9. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

You wrote come but I think you misspelled it

NYY likes this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This doesn't make him look like a lunatic at all

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I wonder how much cocaine this guy goes through every day?

warhammer likes this.
  12. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Not enough

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

He better be careful, the OSU people want this story to "go away" and he's doing his best to keep it on the front page.

14. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

What?

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Sarcasm.

16. rockytopblues

rockytopblues Member

He wants compensation to keep quiet. He lost his job and knows he will never coach again, regardless of bloodlines or the trial outcome. He is trying to get what he can and garner some sympathy along the way by bringing up his kids. Boo hoo.

17. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Trustee just resigned because of this fiasco. Said punishment was too soft. Good for at least one person to take the high road up there.

18. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

He probably is smart enough to see what’s coming. Urban may survive but this scandal ain’t going away and in big time college football what dooms you is the first story, because they won’t quit looking and we know for damn sure there are plenty of skeletons at OSU.

19. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Apparently the writing was on the wall during a meeting and this guy just up and walked out. Resigned shortly after.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I want to watch that place burn.

JayVols likes this.