UGA Takeaways

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Sep 29, 2018.

1. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

We aren't going 0-8 again.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The OL can pass block enough to acrap that dumbass sideways passing game. Guarantano actually makes them way worse by going to the same spot and having no idea what’s happening around him. Some coaching might help, but we have almost nothing on offense to help him.

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

They have got a ways to go on defense too. 3 true freshmen starting in the secondary and a ton of lost causes from the Butch era. Still held their offense to 10 points in the first half.

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We are still going to get manhandled by Alabama, but we’ll be a tougher out than expected for a few teams—wouldn’t be surprised if we gave Auburn a real scare

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's why there are freshmen playing everywhere.

hohenfelsvol, lylsmorr and GahLee like this.
  6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Has Jordan Allen played much? Haven't noticed him.

7. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I see some real talent. It just hasn't came together.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If he has, he hasn't done anything

9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I think your right.

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Depends on how team responds after this stretch. Just impossible to get a handle on right now.

11. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Yeah, I don't understand what we're really trying to do. Jennings is non-existent. Calloway gets lost. Chandler gets every 3rd carry, and we are throwing quick flips to guys who just aren't better than the guys trying to tackle them.

JG looks panicked to me. If the job of the QB is to get the ball to the right spot on time, then he just isn't a very good QB. He might be in time, and he may not be getting much help, but he isn't dong that.

Offensively and defensively we were absolutely [uck fay]ing atrocious for all of that game except for the middle of the 3rd through the middle of the 4th, and I suspect that the atrocious part reflects who we really are.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

We're still not very good. UGA missed a couple of opportunities to blow this open early and let us stay in it longer than we deserved. Once we scored to cut it to 12, UGA went on a 75 yard drive that took up 8 minutes. The outcome of this game was never in doubt.

Offensive play calling is terrible and the personnel decisions is questionable, at best.

Last year's UGA team would beat this years UGA team by 3 TDs.

13. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

UGA overthrew as many TDS as they picked up sack fumbles. I’m not drinking bourbon tonight, but it still wasn’t pleasant.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Bama looks 21 points better than Ga to me

warhammer and justingroves like this.
  15. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

We got to the QB a decent amount. That was shocking.

warhammer likes this.
  16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Not sure im ever gonna like JG. When was he ever dual threat? Have to have dual threat. Ga only chance to beat bama is with Fields, imo.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

In the same UT missed 3 or 4 chances at turnovers that they didnt get. 2 strips snd Warrior dropping a pick.

UGA has the better team that wasn't debatable before or after.

18. Bdouble

Bdouble Member

At least it doesn’t look like the players have given up. The effort is there, we are just a bad football team and Pruitt knows it. When asked after the Florida game what he tells recruits after such a loss, he said he tells them the same thing he told them when he first got here. That this is the worst team he will have while here, and the good news for them is they aren’t on it. Also, I think Georgia is talented, but they look a little soft. JMO

19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

JG throws a good ball and has plenty of arm. He struggles pre snap.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It seemed like something finally clicked for Taylor.