UGA Takeaways

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Sep 29, 2018.

1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Probably because a team with an all time bad defense was about 6 yards and a hail mary from being 7-5 last year under the most incompetent group of assholes ever assembled on a sideline in Knoxville. No one really had an idea of how bad the roster was because the coaching just flat out wasn't good enough and certain players covered for a lot of weaknesses. Then you had the dumbasses doing the beat for Tennessee telling us how good we looked preseason when they couldn't tell shit from gold.

IP likes this.
  2. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Our best LB is a DE, and that was supposed to be the strength of the defense.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was led to believe we had an offensive line, I was not informed that it was a dashed line.

lylsmorr likes this.
  4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I still feel good about the general direction we are headed. I do think we need to make adjustments on the offensive side of the ball. I'm not ready to fire anyone yet, but if they continue some of things they've been doing, I will question whether they can get it done on that side of the ball. I like the style, but things like not getting the ball to Ty Chandler more is what I am talking about. Hopefully thats something that the HC can sit down and say, "hey....aight...this guy Chandler, aight...he needs to be touching the ball more, you got me? Aight."

IP and Savage Orange like this.
  5. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Oh, it’s offensive alright... VERY offensive.

IP likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

To be clear, I am nowhere near thinking someone should be fired given the time and circumstances. The OC especially needs to earn that money, though.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

TAMU isn't very good either.

You've got Alabama, LSU and UGA. Auburn doesn't have a functioning offense. MSU is a lot like Auburn. Ole Miss and Arkansas are bad football teams. Kentucky is a good, not great, football team.

The East is a pile of suck outside UGA and UK.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think we will see less hands in the kitchen, so to speak, offensively going forward

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

A good offense is deceptive. That take setting it up and also risk. Easier to do that with only one person behind the wheel.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes.

11. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

You are incorrect. I am demonstrating the fact that picking and choosing plays out of a game to fit a narrative is meaningless. All the plays count. And, in Tennessee’s case, they happen enough and count a lot.

12. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Arkansas is one of the worst SEC teams of the last decade.

13. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Basically what I said in my original post, I overestimated what we have on the roster.

14. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Sure. But had you ever seen 14 on the field? A huge throw to convert a 4th down only to be negated by a fumble into and out of the end zone? The refs not call a guys butt hitting the ground resulting in a kick return for a TD and one of the most embarrassing losses in Tennessee history. FL stealing a victory 2 games in a row (at FL) in last second big plays? What about a backup QB’s shotput throw? That punt return at Arky by Joe X (forgot his last name) that replayed every 5 min on ESPN because UT missed like 25 tackles on 1 return?

My point is all plays count and, in the grand scheme of things, fluke plays aren’t that rare at Tennessee.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Its still ok in football for a QB to see the defense and opportunity to get TY in space, and check to it.
    We cant do that

16. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Ty carried the ball 5 times. JG is terrible pre snap, no arguments there. But Ty not touching the ball enough is not on JG.

Ssmiff likes this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I am amazed how many different flukes can hit, though

TDVol1989 likes this.
  18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I think at this point we have paid enough for Stoerner.

TDVol1989 and NorrisAlan like this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've seen tennessee fumble out of the end zone more than the rest of all other college teams combined. Also never seen a team on any level use a dead ball penalty to win a game except that one time against tennessee. And that one time literally changed the rules so it couldn't happen again.

warhammer likes this.
  20. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

lol, it was paying for Stoerner until we beat LSU after Katrina and then it was some nasty voodoo until butch jones' tenure where we're now paying for it.

I am beginning to believe that UT is having to live through all the different ways Jones fell upstairs to win.

Hail Mary from UF last year was payback.

Pope fumbling through the endzone was payback.

Nauta picking up a strip-sack fumble that he caused and advancing for a TD was payback.

We'll be mired in this shit at least for another 2 years.