UGA Takeaways

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Sep 29, 2018.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The freaking front 7 ain’t freshmen.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

And post snap. He isn’t QBing. He’s arm and almost nothing else.

NYY likes this.
  3. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I am not going to ride with your comment “in the game”. I did not feel that way at all.

utvol0427 likes this.
  4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

The up stairs mechanics are not there.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

There was a stretch from the opening half td bu UGA to the last 4 mins of the fourth where UT outplayed them.

I never felt UT was in a spot to win but UGA hadnt closed the door yet either.

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

We made their fans feel slightly uncomfortable at the beginning of the 4th.

That's about it.

7. TDVol1989

My take:

1. We are trying to make JG a pocket passer. I am thinking Chryst is a better pocket passer. But, I haven’t had a chance to confirm.

2. JG was a highly rated DT QB. He doesn’t run often. Don’t make excuses. Dons was about 80% of our offense and we risked it.

3. Play Chryst or run JG more.

4. Our game planning isn’t good. We seem to adjust better than we show up. That’s good as far as in game adjustments but what the hell are we doing M-Thur?

5. The defense is better than the offense. But I am not as high on the defense as everyone else here.

6. Pruitt doesn’t care as much about this season as I would prefer. The offense didn’t try until the 2nd half. I don’t like that approach.

7. Going for 2 BOTH times was not wise...particularly when we didn’t give a shit about scoring until later. The first time was too early. The 2nd time, a 1 pointer still makes a FG relevant. Bad chart.

8. Ty Chandler gets game ball.

9. Pruitt is in training as far as HC. However, it seems a positive sign that they don’t televise his halftime comments.

10. We need a voodoo witch doctor on staff. The football follies, bungled play thing MUST FREAKING STOP!!!!!

8. TDVol1989

Not trying to battle, none of us thrilled. But, we hadthe CHANCE to get in the game but I never felt any momentum or that we got in the winning mindset. That’s just me

9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

We had a chance at going down and making it a one possession game. All it then took was a turnover and anything can happen. It was not a likely win to begin with, but we were much closer tonight than we were last week against a much better team.

Tenacious D and Memtownvol like this.
  10. TDVol1989

And coming together is magical

11. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I'm with you.

Having a chance is definitely a baby step in the right direction.

12. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

We may yet beat somebody this season we aren’t supposed to. It won’t be Bama of course, but I saw a team (offensively) that just didn’t play with much confidence until the second half. I also saw a defense that potentially can be really good THIS season. By November I wouldn’t want to have to play against those guys. If the offense can string together a few 1st downs without dumb penalties (I’m looking at YOU, Drew Richmond!) or turnovers (Banks... dammit.) the defense can stay fresh for four quarters. If that happens, somebody down the road is going to get they ass whooped by these guys.

13. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

14. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

They have 3 FR, one So, and one Jr on that o line I believe.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kyle Phillips is a senior with 19 shoulder surgeries

Tuttle, senior, with more surgeries than sacks under his belt

Johnson, senior

Kongbo, senior and thinks he's playing soccer

Taylor, junior, 3 sacks today and has been okay before today

Bituli is a junior that disappears

Kirkland can't tackle

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Surprisingly, today was their best game. Still had some really, really bad mistakes but the unit as a whole did a lot better protecting Guarantano against a really good front 7 from UGA

Memtownvol likes this.
  17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

5 men in the backfield how many times?

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The two that I saw live were bullshit

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

#HGWTFA