UGA Takeaways

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Sep 29, 2018.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I don't see a reason to do anything but run a spread offense going forward. Can still try to focus on the run but that OL isn't going to outmuscle anyone.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

And it seems like these guys are rarely off the field. Sapp and Ignont did get some 2nd half PT

lylsmorr likes this.
  3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

May have to. An much as I love seeing us line up in tight I-form and pull guard, we aren't built for it yet.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Tuttle could have been nasty, but he’s had bad luck. Phillips I don’t know about, but those LBs need to go. Get Bituli to DE and get the rest the hell out.

5. GahLee

Take their first score off the board and it is a 17-14 game in the 4th.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

When you have 17 fewer minutes of possession, your defense is rarely off the field

7. chavisut

Which worries be about the young guys if they aren't good enough to get some rotation.

This class is crucial.

8. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Which was some of the flukiest shizz you’ll see all day. Georgia put the ball on the ground 4 times and Warrior almost had an int too, but as usual, Georgia steps in shit and lands in a bed of roses. [uck fay] Georgia.

GahLee and Memtownvol like this.
  9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

couldn't do anything but laugh with Ga first td. We haven't had a game with several good bounces in 20 years. Dude gets rewarded with a td for allowing his qb to get sacked, fumble, and pick it up. unfreaking real.

GahLee and Memtownvol like this.
  10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That Jones team that started 5-0 or 6-0 was really lucky

11. chavisut

Yeah ball bounced our way a lot early on.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There aren't any other dlinemen besides Gooden.

13. chavisut

Need those JUCOs to deliver.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

And that kept him around another year. Tragic.

GahLee and IP like this.
  15. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I don’t buy the if game. Everything that happens is related to prior events. Take away our 2 scores and we get shutout. You can’t take plays away and expect everything else happens exactly the same.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

They suck. That's the takeaway. They may not suck in the future, but they suck right now. UGA knew it and played down. Whether that was due to a 30+ point spread or the coaches treating it like a glorified scrimmage, it doesn't matter. Either way, this bad luck, bad bounce BS is old.

17. GahLee

It's not something I like doing. But I'm looking for positives. Crazy fluke play aside. It was a game in the 4th, even if it was just a short while.

18. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

You're playing the what if game by taking our 2 scores off the board. Stop it. We are still not a good football team. Everyone here knows that. But if you're the coach of this team, and hes already said it, he sees guys taking steps forward (some are not, but the only way that gets fixed is with recruiting better players) and that's what this is all about at this point. We're not gonna magically turn this thing around over night.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Madre London at FB and Jennings at TB on one third down play. That's an interesting formation

20. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Every time Jennings touches the ball he either breaks a tackle or drags someone with him for 3 yards.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.