Year 1 is in the books

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Nov 24, 2018.

1. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Pruitt has an identical first season as Butch’s first season. 5-7 (2-6).

I’m confident the defense gets better with recruiting.

The offense on the other hand, not so sure. Yeah, an offensive line would help, but there’s more wrong than just that. Play calling has been atrocious and there’s pretty substantial claims that Pruitt and Helton aren’t the match made in heaven.

Either way, there’s nothing very encouraging about this season. I’m sure we’ll all get up for it when next year rolls around, which feels like a curse at this point.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Complete failure.

Daddy Gee likes this.
  3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Disappointment.

A-Smith likes this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Auburn and Ky were encouraging at the time. Ty. Jennings. Callaway, #20 and #6.

The rest of it sucked.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Butch probably would have gone 3-9. So there’s that, I guess.

TangoUniform likes this.
  6. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Stop giving them your money.

knoxvol, Tenacious D and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  7. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

I’m going to sound like a douche for this, but I don’t put much stock in those wins. Auburn self imploded on offense and the receivers caught lucky 50/50 balls. UK is a one dimensional cluster eff on offense, not hard to stack the box and stop that team. I guess take it any way you can get it, but meh.

JG regressed, the defense regressed, and I saw no sign of good coaching. Undisciplined, sloppy, and inconsistent all year long.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    TDVol1989 likes this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

To each his own. If I talk about the games that suck I have to point out the couple that didnt.

9. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

The lack of improvement throughout the season is very concerning.

TDVol1989 and A-Smith like this.
  10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Season was a disappointment. If you cannot +2 the worst college football coach in the history of our league, I don't think highly of your chances.

I like Pruitt. I think he could be a great coach. But this season has really put him behind the eight-ball and he will have to show me something extraordinary going forward. As it is, I fear we are searching for a new coach again in four years and I will have completely stopped watching UT football.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He better hit grand slam in recruiting this year.

A-Smith and chavisut like this.
  12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sacrifice him on the 50 yard line at Neyland tonight at midnight.

13. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

[uck fay] that bald ass mother[uck fay]er. You don’t lose to Vanderbilt and get me to cut you a pass. I don’t give a shit WHO the [uck fay]ing players (or in our case, quitters) are. There’s NO [uck fay]ing excuse for losing to Vanderbilt, much less getting run out of the [uck fay]ing stadium. Pruitt lost me tonight. [uck fay] that mother[uck fay]er. He’s going to have to do some miraculous shit to get me back on board.

Dalekanium and InVolNerable like this.
  14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Looking unlikely.

A-Smith and utvol0427 like this.
  15. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

If we went 7-5 we could of had a grand slam class. This class will be good, but not elite.

16. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

At least he has time to concentrate on recruiting. He better not sleep for the next 4 weeks.

NEW COACH likes this.
  17. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Well, at least UK, Vandy, Mizzou, and Miss State should take a step back next year.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Then he's a 7-5 coach.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Total bed shitting against Florida, Missouri and Vanderbilt makes this a disappointment.

Go recruit top notch talent.

tvolsfan, hohenfelsvol and zehr27 like this.
  20. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Yep