Year 1 is in the books

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Pruitt has always seemed like a mercenary figure from the time he decided he was going to coach for an extra month at Alabama before taking over full time as UT coach last year. I want to like him, but it's not real easy thus far.

RevBubbaFlavel likes this.
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Saw stuff i liked.

Saw stuff that made me want to throw up.

They ran out of gas in November, and fair or not the culture of losing is there.

Hope there are several players that never wear orange again unless their d2 school is orange.

Gonna wait to see how it goes in december on everything else.

tfannon and IP like this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pruitt staying on at Alabama didn't bother and still doesn't. If he didn't give a shit, he wouldn't have hung around Tuscaloosa

TDVol1989 likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I hate everything and all of you. Maybe I'll feel better in December.

knoxvol, tvolsfan, awebb7 and 4 others like this.
  5. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Well you're at Mach 10. I am not quite there. I am about a 6. More than the loss, it was a terrible effort. The missed tackles is inexcusable at this point in the season. And, the offensive strategy was left back in Knoxville. BLame Helton if you like but Pruitt hired him. His failure to hire a talented and proven OC and let HIM coach the offense cost him year 1. I do think this will adversely affect recruiting, but whether he top 10's on NSD or not, he is going to have to COACH himself out of this.

Yes, it is easier to win with talent, but you have to coach well enough to have something to sell first. The mountain is not insurmountable, but this team closed out the season terribly.

RevBubbaFlavel and A-Smith like this.
  6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Pruitt didn’t just hire Helton, he allocated like 25% of his total assistant coach budget to land him. That makes him a pretty big dumbass when it comes to picking offensive coaching talent. Hopefully someone can help him find the replacement. The man most likely to offer advice has a damn terrible track record.

tvolsfan, MaconVol, TDVol1989 and 4 others like this.
  8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Maybe Cutcliffe will get ran from Duke after getting thumped by Wake.

Ssmiff likes this.
  9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

88-30 against the next two worst teams in the weaker division of the SEC. I don't know if they quit, just duck that bad or what, but I can't remember a lower point as a UT football fan since the mid-80s.

I mean, we got physically dominated by [uck fay]ing Vanderbilt tonight and for the third year in a row, too.

10. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

If the right answer isn’t C-u-t-c-l-i-f-f-e then Fulmer is clueless.

11. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Curley Hallman?

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The season is a failure. The defense was a mess the last two games, and the offense was a total no-show against the worst P5 defense they’ve played all season.

There were a couple very nice bright spots this year, and it’s on Pruitt whether that’s what we remember or not. If we peak at 8-4 and are still laying these eggs in year four, we remember the total collapse in the last two games. If he puts us in title contention, we remember the Auburn and Kentucky games and forget today.

It’s on you, JP. Make it better.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  13. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I honestly dont know what to think going forward. Pruitt has his work cut out for sure. Has a lot longer way to go than I thought originally. Theres not just one thing to fix, but the most important thing at this point is flipping the roster. Gotta close this class strong.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Saban had Major Applewhite as his OC in year one at Alabama. He was fired within a week after the season ended.

If you can admit you [uck fay]ed up and move on quickly, that's okay.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Chryst's terrible turnovers [uck fay]ed Tennessee against Missouri.

This, this tonight was inexcusable

16. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Does it stop with Helton or Friend too?

17. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Saban’s 2nd hire was Jim McElwain, so it doesn’t even have to be a home run, just someone competent. But it’s also nice to have Mark Ingram and Julio Jones. That’s still not a level we are recruiting at.

Go out and hire a coordinator with proven success and play calling experience. Tyson Helton had neither, and his own brother had Tee Martin calling the plays over him. Brohm never let Helton call plays either.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He won enough games he wasn’t supposed to for me to give him a pass to next year.

We sucked this year talent wise. We will suck again next year talent wise, but not as badly. I’ll expect him to win games like this one next year

19. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

7-9 wins next year

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And trust me, I want nothing more than Pruitt to personally come to my house in five years and shove UTs two natties up my ass and make me beg for forgiveness.

reVOLt, Memtownvol and zehr27 like this.