OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Since we refuse to do the elf in a shelf here, my mom has decided to have the elf visit her house and she sends us pictures. This honestly may be more annoying than if we did it ourselves.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That is the creepiest "tradition" we as a society has ever started. Replace that elf with a camera and "Big Brother is Watching" written over it and people would freaking lose it.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Just getting the next generation ready for the Ministry of Truth and the two minutes hate.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The hate festivities have already started with some nuts in California. There are some fairly disturbing viewing “parties” for Trump speeches.

5. CardinalVol

Shes even got a second UT elf to go along with it.

6. NorrisAlan

Why? Why do woman want to talk about their feeling game to you and then get mad when you start talking about it? And get mad if you are not listening?

Drives me nuts

7. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

It’s a fool that looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

We did the Elf, my youngest was all about finding him every day. We bought him a deer to ride and clothes to wear. My oldest could give 2 shits, se just wanted her presents Christmas morning

9. CardinalVol

This leads to a current discussion with me and the wife - how do you go about telling the kids santa isnt real. The boy is 8 and we figure that time is drawing near. Do you tell them, let firnds do it/they figure it out on their own? If you tell them, what are?

We are leaning towards this being the last year for him, but we arent certain. Any advice?

10. NorrisAlan

He'll let you know. My sons just sort of figured it out, the oldest wanted to continue to believe for another year and after that it was just gone.

Not sure I have any advice other than follow his lead and don't end it for him, let him come to it himself.

utvol0427 likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Let him dream while he can imo.

kmf600 and Joseph Brant like this.
  12. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Is telling your kids Santa isn’t real a thing? I feel like that would be strange. Unless they are at an age where literally all of their friends know.

13. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Wait til he's 20 then sit him down with really solemn body language

NYY likes this.
  14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Draw a body chalk outline of the old fat man. Let it work itself out.

justingroves and NYY like this.
  15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I have teenagers. I still proclaim Santa is real every Christmas.

CardinalVol likes this.
  16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I honestly don't recall how it all played out, but I know the girl child who's is almost 11 months older than the boy figured it out a Christmas or two before her brother, and he insisted Santa was real. It was a little awkward, and sitting here now, I don't recall if we told him or just let it play out. All I know is by the next Christmas, he wasn't buying it.

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Finally killed a deer this season. Unfortunately it was with the front fender, hood, headlight assembly, and both doors on the driver's side of my car. I think it was a four point. I pulled into the median to look at the remains, but since the driver's door wouldn't open, I decided not to climb across the seats and risk falling into the four lane out the passenger's side.

18. NorrisAlan

Glad you are ok.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

My oldest said she knew. We told her the longer you believe, the longer you'll get presents from the big guy. The thing is, the older one will tell the younger one eventually.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Scared the bejesus out of me.