POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

The return of Jay is what most has my attention. Trouble surely follows.

JayVols likes this.
  2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

As someone who hates Donald Trump, I’m still not getting my hopes up. Even if they have damning evidence, I don’t trust that anyone will hold him accountable. Part of me expects Muller to be fired any minute now.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

"You have ever been a herald of woe. Troubles follow you like crows, and ever the oftener the worse … Here you come again! And with you come evils worse than before, as might be expected. Why should I welcome you, JayVols Stormcrow? Tell me that." - IP King of the Kingdom of Eighth

*edit: should have given credit in case people don't recognize it: It is a paraphrasing of a quote by Theoden King from The Two Towers by JRR Tolkien*

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    JayVols likes this.
  4. NorrisAlan

If Trump fires Mueller, I believe there will be a huge backlash against that from Congress. I believe that is a line he simply cannot cross, much like the idea of pardoning himself.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

[​IMG]
    *evil grin*

Timing is a bit conspicuous, no?

Plus, I've been trying to recover from a bad MS relapse. Those are the gift that keeps on giving. Missed a bunch of work getting treatments. This one attacked the optic nerve in my left eye. I've permanently lost 70% of my vision in that eye. I'll adapt & overcome though. No worries.

6. JayVols

This has matasticized. Trump can't fire his way out of it.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm more in the Puzzleface or Moonboy role.

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

When the new congressional term begins, the democrats will need 20 republican senators to vote with them to remove Trump from office. I don’t see that happening under any circumstance.

9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

That’s what general decency tells us, but you think more than 1/3 of the current group of senators will turn on him for anything?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sorry to hear about your MS and vision, Jay.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  11. JayVols

It's going to get untenable. Turning a blind eye to it will just hasten their doom.

Poppa T likes this.
  12. JayVols

Thanks, but no worries. Life goes on. We just do the best we can.

13. NorrisAlan

Of "Devil Dinosaur" comics fame? Read that comic a lot when I was a kid. Only Moonboy I know, and have no idea who Puzzleface is.

14. JayVols

I still believe that people in general are good & decent. When a 30 year criminal enterprise is laid bare, all but the staunchest kool-aid drinkers will turn. Republicans didn't turn on Nixon until after the tapes came out. As it stands now, 64% of the people believe Trump is lying in regards to Mueller's investigation. Tweeting about "rats" like a mob boss will only make that number grow.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Characters in game of thrones books that were not on screen in the show. Creepy jesters/fools.

16. NorrisAlan

Gotcha. I am purposefully not reading the novels until the old fart finishes them. I will not get sucked into something only to be left at the altar.

17. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I generally agree.

My odds for impeachment have gone up in recent weeks but for conviction by the Senate they are the same. Low.

That assumes no bombshells in the collusion probe. And even that barely gets to 50:50.

tvolsfan likes this.
  18. JayVols

They continue to defend this goon at their own peril. Justice knows no party.

19. JayVols

Just something to chew on:

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/12/17/politics/trump-supporters-split-trump-poll/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/politics

72% of Trump's supporters believe he has less than completely honest in the Mueller probe. Rudy's blurring of the Trump Tower Moscow timeline isn't helping having admitted talks continued up to the election after previously stating they ended in January 2016.

The thing about lying is that it will eventually catch up to you.

20. NorrisAlan

And as I have said, an impeachment much less a conviction would have to be from such damning evidence that a good portion of his own base would have to "damn, that was necessary" or it will really cause a schism.

My preference is he resigns or better yet, gets voted out in 2020.

tvolsfan likes this.