Pet Peeves...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by wildnkrazykat, May 13, 2014.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

People down here will get on the turnpike and cut across 4 lanes of traffic to go directly to the left lane, just to drive 45 MPH

justingroves likes this.
  2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

That’s when I wish I was driving a ‘62 Plymouth Belvedere or some shit like that. Slam the [uck fay] out of ‘em and flip the bird as you drive by the wreckage...

3. Savage Orange

Overdone Christmas yard decorations that don’t have anything to do with Christmas. One of my neighbors has (and I shit you not...) a 10 foot inflatable dragon in his yard. Just because it’s red & green I guess he figures it’s appropriate.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

People that put decals/stickers on their car, but can't take the time to make sure they are centered or level.

chavisut, DC Vol, kmf600 and 2 others like this.
  5. Savage Orange

If you look closely, you’ll see that over half of the people that have confederate flag tags/decals on their vehicle have them on upside down. The point of the stars give it away.

6. Savage Orange

Also... I generally find that the more stickers somebody has on their car (especially if they are of a political bent) the dumber they are.

justingroves likes this.
  7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Especially when it’s a full back window of an RIP shrine to Papaw or Mamaw. God knows they always wanted their legacy to be on the back of a Chevy Cavalier.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

With a Dale Earnhardt '3' incorporated in some way.

justingroves and NYY like this.
  9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Always wanted to sell a 3 sticker with devil horns and fire underneath it to offset the 3 with the halo.

10. Savage Orange

The ones with the 3 sporting angel wings are particularly egregious.

11. Savage Orange

The folks with the “Heritage, Not Hate” stickers on their vehicles are pretty grating also. If you talk to any of these yahoos for any length of time you’ll usually find that they know very little about the heritage but are really well versed on the hate...

12. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Dale Junior said these were stupid, he's definitely not a true member of Intimidator Nation

Savage Orange likes this.
  13. Savage Orange

There’s a goof driving around Fayetteville here where I live in a truck festooned with American flags, stickers and all the “Buy American and save American jobs” regalia you could ever imagine...

His truck is a Toyota Tundra...

14. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

You know, that's better than seeing it on a Dodge.

If it's a newer Tundra, the engine will have been made in Alabama and the transmission in NC. They're assembled in Texas. Also, AFAIK, they're entirely designed in the US as well.

Dodge? Owned by a foreign company and they're manufactured in Mexico using parts made basically everywhere in the world but the US.

Joseph Brant and justingroves like this.
  15. Savage Orange

I hear you and on a level, agree completely. Ultimately though, Toyota has always been a foreign owned company (as opposed to what Dodge used to be), but the global economy really makes that point more or less meaningless.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

People who feel compelled to verbally communicate before at least 10 am.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The use of "legacy" with sports figures. And "signature win" is quickly becoming a pet peeve as well.

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

But how do you determine an athletes legacy without looking at their signature wins? It's a critical process.

chavisut likes this.
  19. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I whistle.

Sometimes I whistle while I work.

20. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

90% have the tri star on wrong.

RockyHill likes this.