Netflix Streaming Recommendations/TV Talk

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 31, 2011.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

FoxNews?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's there, if I want to know what Satan's whispering that day.

NYY likes this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Anybody watched the second season of the Punisher?

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Have heard it’s really good, but haven’t started yet.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It is pretty [uck fay]ing awesome

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

8 or 9 episodes in. Awesome.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Is punisher another comic book show?

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah

9. TennTradition

Dammit.

I don’t know if it’s me or them but I hate the genre. And it’s sucking up 90% of the action flick capital budget.

Butthole and NYY like this.
  10. chavisut

Nobody has powers if that makes you feel better. Ex marine turns Punisher against gangsters.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Punisher is more like following around John McClane from Die Hard for a week or two than anything super heroic

chavisut likes this.
  12. TennTradition

That does make it better.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The Good Place.

Love. It.

14. TennTradition

It’s incredibly well-written.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You ain't forking kidding.

TennTradition likes this.
  16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Documentaries

The Ted Bundy Tapes
    A 3-part series. I had no idea that the dude had killed so many people, and all over the place (Seattle, California, Vail, Salt Lake City, Tallahassee, etc.), that be twice escaped, and (essentially) acted as his own counsel at trial. A really fascinating look.

Fyre Festival
    If you were to ask me to make a documentary as an allegory of my greatest fears in most liberals / idealist policies, this is what I’d produce. Essentially, a young guy decides to have an exclusive music festival on an island in the Bahamas, swindles some investors to back him using phony financials, gets JaRule involved as a partner, books talent to come (at 2-3 times their normal rate), pays “influencers” and super models to hype the vision, and starts selling tickets and luxury accommodations to thousands of people....but then doesn’t have said accommodations, or food, or security, or toilets. It’s beautifully awful.

Shows
    Slobby’s World - Character who owns an 80’s-90’s vintage consignment shop in Arizona (Tempe?). Cool shit to see, and again, cat’s a character.

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee - I always think Seinfeld sees himself as being more important / influential to comedians than he really is, and this really shows with younger comedians at times, but if you enjoy that sort of weird dynamic and hilarious conversations that occur between comedians, this is about as good as it gets.

Specials
    John Mulaney Specials
    He’s got a few of them, none really better / worse than the others. He’s no Tom Segura or Bill Burr, and is a different style altogether, but he grows on you.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Slobby’s World is fantastic and I wish he would put his jerseys online because I know for a fact, that just in the clips where they are in the background, he has some I would love to buy.

18. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Bundy doesn't get enough credit for being one of (or maybe even the most) horrific killer of all time. That rage killing at FSU when he broke out the last time was some shit that will make your hair stand on end.

19. chavisut

Fyre Festival is wild. Con artist basically targets trust fund millennials.

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I really wanted to believe that he was just a naive kid who tried to turn a huge dream into a reality.....but couldn’t hold that after the last 15 minutes or so.