The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Would a Kawhi, Anthony Davis, LeBron combo even work?

I think I agree about Kyrie and Klay being the best options. If given the choice, I think I'd take Klay over Kyrie because it hurts the Warriors.

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Of course it would work. Leonard and David dont need the ball to be dominant.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What previously above average big man has ever gotten better playing with LeBron?

5. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Why would it matter whether they were previously above-average? Ilgauskas very clearly got better. Love and Bosh saw their production drop, but they were also going from having the ultimate green light on awful teams to playing with a bunch of All-Stars.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Typically, if your big man is average or below average, asking him to alter his game to better fit that of LeBron James isn't a big deal.

If I remember correctly, playing with LeBron didn't just drop their production, but it also required them to alter the way they played and forced them to move away from the basket more frequently. Is Davis going to be open to that? Will he be as effective?

I've just always been under the impression that LeBron plays best with shooters around him. As such, Kyrie and Klay just seem like better fits than Davis and Kawhi.

7. GahLee

He has never played with a player the caliber of Davis. Regardless of size. Davis can score from anywhere and can run the floor. I imagine he would feast playing with James.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Davis and LeBron would be toooough. I don't care which young players they have to ship out.

NashVol11 likes this.
  9. GahLee

Imagine a pick and roll between James and Davis with Leonard on the wing. That's money. Davis can score from anywhere, he isn't Chris Bosh.

10. GahLee

They get it done prior to the all-star break or Boston becomes the best option for the Pelicans. It is obvious he doesn't want to go there. Otherwise he wouldn't have requested when he did. LeBron and Rich Paul doing work.

11. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

The Knicks COULD be a player if they wanted. I don't think they should though

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Hard to know how much Boston will give up if Davis comes out and says that he will only re-sign with the Lakers. Most of his moves up to this point have suggested it, but he it hasn’t been verbalized yet.

I’ve heard people suggest that if Davis won’t re-sign with Boston, they won’t give up Tatum to get him.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  13. NashVol11

I think pretty much anyone should be in on Davis, but the Knicks don’t have much to offer unless they get the #1 pick.

They’re a potential destination for Lonzo if he has to get moved as part of a Davis trade, though.

14. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

KP and a couple of first round picks (and whatever other players needed to make it happen). Especially if this years pick ends up #1

15. GahLee

Nor should they. It all boils down to Kyrie, who seems like he might not like being the man and may want to see himself out the door there. Otherwise, Boston would be the landing spot.

If I am Boston I am planning on rebuilding around the young guys and the picks. Assuming Kyrie is gone and Gordon will never be the same.

16. GahLee

For Anthony Davis?

17. GahLee

I wouldn't trade the number one pick and Porzingis for Davis. Call me crazy. Davis is not good enough to elevate the Knicks by himself. Zion and Porzingis could.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I wouldn't trade both, but I'd consider trading Porzingis and a couple other pieces for Davis. Add another star to Davis and Zion (potentially), and the Knicks are back.

19. NashVol11

New Orleans says no to that, though. A 7-footer coming off a torn ACL and some other assortment of uninspiring pieces isn’t a great return for an MVP candidate, especially when Boston has so much to offer.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It's been widely reported that Davis is only interested in Boston if Kyrie is there, and who knows what the hell Kyrie is going to do at this point? Just because Boston has the most to offer doesn't mean that they will throw everything at a guy they're not even sure will re-sign with them.