The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

New coach, new leadership (aside from Dolan), and they are finally lined up with cap space during a year with multiple big free agents on the market.

I won't be surprised if they screw it up, but they definitely have a lot to offer Durant.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

[​IMG]

I wonder if all this Kyrie talk forces NO to deal AD before the deadline?

If Boston isn't confident that Kyrie will re-sign, I don't see them throwing a huge deal out there for Davis. It may be in NO's best interest to take the Lakers' best offer now because if Boston bows out, the Lakers' offer may shrink this summer.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

There is no "aside from Dolan". Dolan is still running the show.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The best part is that it's Javale McGee and Michael Beasley. Two notorious airheads.

6. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

7. GahLee

Felt like Mark Jackson was openly campaigning for the job earlier in the year while broadcasting the game. He's a players coach, LeBron loves those. Feel like that will be a name that gets thrown out after they eventually fire Walton.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Folks saying that Anthony Davis would be open to re-signing with a number of teams, but Boston is not one of them.

Writing on the wall for a Kyrie move?

9. GahLee

I think so. Davis to LA. Kyrie and KD to the Knicks. Wouldn't that be something.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That would be fun

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The outcome of the Davis to LA trade could allow them to sign a 3rd star. Would be curious to see how they fill out their roster.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Don’t think it’s a coincidence that LeVar Ball’s name is in headlines for what feels like the first time since Bron joined the Lakers.

13. GahLee

Feel like Pelicans are playing it smart, they know it is only the Lakers bidding against themselves and they have already gotten the best haul that LA can probably put together. New Orleans would rather send him to the moon than to LA though, Lakers front office, James and Rich Paul have all colluded to get Davis there.

Anyone know what their cap space would be like if they traded that haul for Davis? Would they be scrapping the bottom of the free agent trash heap like the Heat had to years ago or can they offer some decent money?

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Kinda feels like the Pelicans are playing with fire here. I don't think any other team will offer anything anywhere close to what the Lakers are currently offering.

If I'm the Lakers, I tell them my final offer and tell them to take it now or pound sand. If they decide to hold off and push it out til summer, I make it abundantly clear that I won't be at the table.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Tobias Harris to the 76ers... that’s interesting!

16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

He just gets better every year, yet teams are still treating him like a journeyman. It's kind of weird.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Lebron makes Kobe look like the consummate team player.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don’t really keep up with the NBA but it seems like everything I do hear about it is him getting traded

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Looks like the 76ers are gearing up to challenge my Bucks for the East.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The trade makes sense for both teams. The Clippers want to miss the playoffs (affects a draft pick), and it frees up space for them to pursue big name free agents this summer.

The 76ers are now a legitimate title contender.