POLITICS The Necessity of Hatred

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Victimized. Guarantano?
    Please keep football talk in the right forum

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

your continued posting undermines the "we can't say shit" argument.

3. Ssmiff

If you look at it without emotion its true. White man comments on black man and hes a racist bigot. Couldnt comment on Obama. No way. Mention immigration and hes a xenophobe. Thinks womens asses are sexy and is a sexist. Enjoys beer and hes a blackout drunk. Always automatically priveleged at birth. And homophobic too, just because.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

No, that's just your perception. It's exceptionally easy to be a straight white man in this country, really easy. You seem to be looking for ways to be offended or oppressed.

5. Ssmiff

its been easy for many. I can show you as many that it's meant shit. Are you as a lefty liberal really telling me, in one of my few forays into the lopsided political forum, that i'm looking for ways to be offended or oppressed?
    You gotta be dry humping me. Those are the labels you and your ilk have given to every white man that didn't vote for Hillary.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Please, you think you're on some kind of special plateau because of being referred to by some names ? I've been called a "libtard", "American hating commie" and a million other names by people of your "ilk". Big [uck fay]ing deal. People get called names and labeled all the time. It sure as shit isn't unique to you, nor do you get the worst of it. Has it really affected you in a meaningful way?

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Is this the aftershocks of a country at war for 20 years finally winding that down?

8. Ssmiff

All im saying is the xenophobe, homophobe, racist label is put on white men. Its not put on anybody else, and truth doesnt really matter too much.
    Its not being offended or whatever. Its possible to opine without being emotional about it.

9. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I would love to know how it is so much easier being a straight white male than any other sex or race.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  10. TennTradition

I appreciate this post more than other other Ive seen from you on the topic. It’s relatable to me even though I don’t come from the same place on the issue (nor come to the same conclusion).

Break down that last paragraph for me.

I could re-state that as you don’t know if a wall is necessary but you want it because the Democrats don’t want a secure border. Is that accurate? It’s their opposition to it that makes you want it? Or rather, is that why you want it NOW.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I understand his position being that a physical wall would force future leaders to make some tangible manifestation as to what they think about illegal immigration. They'll have to either maintain the wall or remove/neglect it.

12. TennTradition

That makes sense in the context that I’ve heard him say you know a wall is in effect by its presence - which can’t be said for things like electronic surveillance.

I thought perhaps he saw this as the window due to the thought that Democrats won’t secure the border and the obvious shifting demographics of the country (place tounge in cheek ... a bit).

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Ask anybody who isn’t a straight white male.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  14. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

From a straight white male. And his soap box

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I should amend this to read - I completely distrust both Democrats and Republicans to secure the southern border. Neither has any intention of even talking about it, much less doing anything to actually and effectively secure it, besides some paltry and intentionally ineffective window dressing. In fact, it’s probably the most consistently strong point of agreement between the two parties for 20+ years now.

Beyond that, I believe that a wall can be most permanently effective means of securing the border, where prudently placed and properly maintained / monitored. Something is better than what we currently have, which is largely nothing.

I believe that other means of securing the border will be both less effective, and more easily repealed or neglected, thereby allowing future politicians to silently weaken and erode other and lesser measures, and which I am confident that they will quickly seek to do, when Trump is gone.

You can pull troops back.
    You can slowly rescind funding for additional border agents.
    You can quietly re-institute catch and release.
    You can silently limit the size, scope and effectiveness of non-physical security mechanisms (drones, cameras, etc.)

With a wall, if it’s there today, and gone tomorrow - there’s no hiding it, and you know precisely when it went away and who ordered it.

So, effectiveness + permanency, is maybe the simplest and best way to say it.

16. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Because the left wing victimhood society says so.

NYY likes this.
  17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It takes, literally, no effort to listen. Now, it does take a bit of effort to shut up first, but you’ll get the hang of that part, as you start asking around.

Unimane likes this.
  19. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

20. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I was looking for something concrete, not the opinion of random minorities who have no idea what they are talking about.