POLITICS Michael Cohen Testifies

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Will be fun when Stephen Miller comes into the room with Cohen's brother from Sicily.

"And they said Donald Trump did THIS, and Donald Trump did THAT, and I said....YEAH, sure!"

3. Unimane

"I'm gonna find out what the hell is going on here."

4. Unimane

"Donald Trump is a man who ran for office to make his brand great, not to make our country great."

is a great statement about his presidency by Cohen.

5. NorrisAlan

I said this from day one (and not the only one, nor was I special in coming up with it on my own). He never thought he would ever win. Ever.

You can see it on his face election night when the results came in. He looked petrified.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

this will be one of the big numbers in the Broadway production one day.

7. NorrisAlan

A dancing Congress will be awesome.

8. Unimane

"He once asked me if I could name a country run by a black person that wasn't a "shithole." This was when Barack Obama was President of the United States.

While we were once driving through a struggling neighborhood in Chicago, he commented that only black people could live that way.

And, he told me that black people would never vote for him because they were too stupid."

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

What's this hearing about again? Sounds like a smear campaign so far.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Ding ding. Every president going forward will get one of these.

11. NorrisAlan

I imagine it is setting the stage for his campaign finance problems. Setting up Trump as a liar, a manipulator and a general dickhead.

And of course, depending on where you fall, it will be either bullshit or finally the Truth. Unless something really damning comes out, it will just be blip, as it will not really change anyone's mind about Trump what-so-ever. His base will just see it as a smear campaign (not saying you are a Trump supporter, Lyl) and those that hate Trump will see it as more proof that Trump is unfit to be President.

That said, if he presents evidence of Trump willingly and with intent breaking campaign finance laws, that is a felony, I believe (but could very well be wrong). Will anything come of this? Probably not, as I don't think the Senate would have the votes to convict on a House impeachment.

12. NorrisAlan

It started with Clinton and has affected nearly every President since then, in some shape or form.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nixon.

zehr27 likes this.
  14. Unimane

I haven't seen anything like this in regards to any other president, where his former personal lawyer accuses him of lying and brings documents to support his case (on some of the charges). Again, I don't think we should normalize this as it happens to everyone. It doesn't. We won't be seeing something of this sort for a long time, in my opinion. The Benghazi hearing silliness is more Washington norms.

Now, there are some point and contentions Cohen makes which seem to be more supported than others. Don Jr. whispering in daddy's ears is entertaining, but not substantive.

tvolsfan likes this.
  15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

For the record, I dislike Trump and my dislike for him gets worse with each moronic self-absorbed rant he goes on.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This is just another form of what has happened before and will only get worse. We are listening to a known liar that is going to jail in order to smear the president because Dems are still upset about losing the election. Republicans would be doing the same thing to Hillary had she won. Its pathetic and sets the bar for the future.

17. NorrisAlan

I will argue that the only difference we have here is the sheer number of people that have left his administration either in disgrace or because they are going to jail. It is staggering, and in some ways, justifies the scrutiny being placed on it.

18. Unimane

Who in the circle of Trump wouldn't be a liar? This is how they get mob guys, too, bring in their associates. Cohen bringing documents helps bring light to the situation in a fair number of his accusations far more than him giving his word. Naturally, those Trump supporters would budge on their cult like devotion to him and Trump detractors will be inclined to believe what they feel is true.

And, yes, I know the Dems would love to get him and we'll see if they abuse their ability to investigate Trump in the next two years. However, this hearing is pretty much what they are designed to do, question clear charges of malfeasance by the executive.

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Is the attorney/client privelege only for certain times? Sorry if a dumb question. The Firm was on recently.

20. NorrisAlan

Not if the client asks you to do something illegal or cover up a crime.