Coming Soon.......The movie thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Apr 20, 2013.

1. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

*Doctor Who

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Don't worry. There's an X-Men movie coming soon. I know you left it out because Magneto tried to save JFK.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This is entirely true.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Have they made any sort of statement about if/when the X-Men will be incorporated into the Avengers universe? And if so, will it be completely rebooted?

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I could get a Joker movie as a stand alone origin story, but surely you have to make a sequel where he encounters Batman.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I've not paid much attention lately. Several months back it was mostly rumored that there would be a complete reboot of X-Men sometime following the current Avengers story arc. The Pheonix movie may wind up being a messy dud. Based on what I read somewhere earlier, Disney would have preferred axing it, but it was too far into production. I imagine it'll (edit: production beginning) happen sometime in the next year or two with a total reboot if I had to guess.

I selfishly wanted them to do a massive merger of both universes as part of the end of the current Thanos storyline. It would be cheesey, but so comic book.

IP and justingroves like this.
  7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Very hard for me to imagine that Phoenix movie being even halfway good. They sort of already did that storyline, anyway.

IP likes this.
  8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm interested but not enthusiastic to see it. I'm curious how it will do with zero Logan/Wolverine screen time. I like Fassbender as Magneto, and McAvoy has been good enough as Xavier, but the rest of the core cast has been just okay. X-Men peaked at Days of Future Past for me. Whatever the last one was named was not very good. I can't imagine that cast turning Dark Pheonix into something goid unless the writing and directing is top notch. Last time around, it certainly was not.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yep. A rehash wasn't a good idea.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Age of Apocalypse. The comic book Age of Apocalypse was actually awesome. A time traveling mutant accidentally kills Xavier way in the past and it prevents the X-Men from stopping a bunch of crises, leading to a world that Apocalypse rules. It was really cool. Movie was really bad.

justingroves likes this.
  11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Seemed to me like that movie would’ve been better as 2 parts. They had a lot to put together and it just didn’t work

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They also made Archangel, one of the coolest characters, into an overgrown baby with plastic looking wings.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

My list of X-Men stories I've read is pretty spotty, and those lead most Marvel properties. I did catch Spidey during the introduction of venom. It's probably the main reason I've enjoyed their movies so much. I generally go in with zero expectations concerning staying true to the original.

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Super hero movies are [uck fay]ing stupid, and any adult who likes them is straight up retarded.

kmf600 likes this.
  15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Pet Semetary reboot is actually worse than the original. Terrible movie.

IP and kmf600 like this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That would have been funny.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Fiege and Marvel want to make a proper Fantastic 4 movie in honor of Stan Lee. I'm betting that happens before any x man reboot.

That being said, Wolverine is way too popular a character to not be franchised and pushed

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere we go.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Can't wait to not see.

TennTradition likes this.
  20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent