The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Play 7 - I drive, lower my shoulder, run over defender, miss layup, cry for foul.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

As much as everyone loves making fun of LeBron, most reports are stating that he and his "people" have stayed out of the way during the coaching search. The Lakers are just a very poorly run franchise right now. It's just one "hold my beer" moment after the next at this point.

And the truly crazy part, in my mind, is that they are still just one free agent away from being contenders again. After seeing the debacle unfold in Boston with Kyrie, he's gotta be thinking about how much better life was with LeBron in Cleveland. If he decided to reunite with Bron in LA, they'd be right in the thick of the West (assuming KD leaves GS), and if they could land him AND trade for a star like Anthony Davis?

And none of that seems all that unrealistic if they can just stop tripping over their own [Richards] and get their act together.

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Where do you think those reports are coming from?

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

RockyHill likes this.
  5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What part of their coaching search has suggested to you that he has been involved? They interviewed Lue, the guy that is considered "LeBron's Guy," and completely disrespected him with their offer.

6. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Did it not occur to you that he could be involved but not have control over the money?

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The money wasn't the problem with the deal they offered Lue.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Play 7 is the highest yield on points per possession.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

KD goes down, and the Warriors close it in 6. Damn.

utvol0427 likes this.
  10. CardinalVol

Please, someone tell me about how overrated Curry is again. Please.

NashVol11 likes this.
  11. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Not surprising, at all.

12. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I love Van Gundy, “those numbers mean nothing.”

13. GahLee

It's so true. Van Gundy is great.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I figured the NBA would will the Rockets to victory. The Warriors are so much better than everyone else.

15. GahLee

They play differently without Durant. Ball moves more, guys are more engaged. I'm not going to say they are better without him but they are damn good.

I think they're vulnerable. More so this year than any other year, with or without a healthy Durant. Going in to the season I had them a lock for another ring. And they are probably getting it but I can see a few teams giving them a real run the rest of the way.

16. GahLee

It's time for Houston to scrap their philosophy, at least amend it. It's good enough to win a bunch of games, it's a great system for the star players but it isnt sustainable when it is nut cutting time.

The iso and high pick and roll game cant be your entire offense. None of those guys do jack shit off the ball. Its brutal to watch. I hate Golden State but Houston and their sorry ass coach can kick rocks.

17. GahLee

I'm straight rooting for the Bucks...fantastic team. They should send a care package to the Atlanta Hawks for letting coach Bud go. Giannas with a jump shot is about the scariest thing I can think of in an NBA player. Hope he gets there.

Unimane likes this.
  18. CardinalVol

Dont know enough about denver and Portland, but the bucks are quite capable of beating golden state.

A-Smith and NashVol11 like this.
  19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Even with Durant? I don’t see it.

I definitely think the Bucks are solid and would love to see them win it all, but I think people are putting a little too much stock in their swift win over the Celtics. That team was dysfunctional the entire season, and their best player had the worst 4 game stretch of his entire career during the series.

Now, if they beat the Raptors or 76ers in 5, I might hop on the bandwagon.

20. GahLee

They won 60 games. 50 by double digits. They were the number one defense and the number 3 offense.

A-Smith likes this.