The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The response to Durant's injury by the Toronto crowd was one of the trashiest things I've ever seen. And, it wasn't just a couple of knuckleheads, either.

utvol0427 likes this.
  2. Unimane

I hope Toronto enjoys their fortuitous ride because they aren't going to have the stars align like this ever again.

3. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Why did Nurse call a timeout up 6?

4. Unimane

Yessss....that's what I was trying to do.

5. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

And then not call one with 15 seconds remaining and a chance to win the title.....

6. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

KD and Curry are damn near set in stone as far as legacy is concerned.

Warriors are the probable favorite again. Unless something stunning happens in LA.

I think there are a few guys with solid cases to be the best player in the world. Leonard is one of them.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Warriors already taking heat for clearing him in the first place. It could just be a freak coincidence, but the optics of the situation are awful at the moment.

Couldn't disagree more. They're both set as two of the top whatever players of all time, sure, but they both still have the ability to move up from their current spots on the "all time" list.

If the Raptors hold on to win, Steph will still only have one title without Durant, no finals MVP's, and a most recent memory of not being able to get it done without KD despite Klay having a great finals, Draymond having a solid finals, and Boogie contributing.

KD's legacy obviously could have been greatly impacted if he had come back and led them to a championship by winning 3 straight games after being down 3-1. Obviously that's not going to happen now, but I do think it impacts his legacy positively if they lose to the Raptors without him. It exploits all the nonsense about the Warriors being fine or even better without him. In fact, I think we have already reached the point where we should never have to hear that silliness about their record with Steph but without KD ever again.

I think the Clippers of Lakers could take their place depending on what moves they make. Also can't help but wonder if any teams might go after AD, knowing he's a 1 year rental but thinking they can win with him right now, similar to the move Toronto made with Kawhi last year.

I'd still pick LeBron, but I think Kawhi and KD have elevated themselves into the conversation during this years playoffs.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

How about the Warriors GM fake crying over KD injury? What a joke.

People are speculating that it was an achilles injury all along (I know many here thought so) and that the calf talk was BS. This could get extremely interesting, especially with Durant being one of the top free agents this offseason.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

mid achilles tear since it happened first time imo. In my experience with injuries and seeing more up close, guys with muscle tears or pulls feel it then slow their gallup as they feel the pain. When a player hears a pop and/or looks back behind him after a quick change of direction injury and acute pain, it tends to be a ligament.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

you could write pages of Amazon reviews of leg injuries.

InVolNerable and Indy like this.
  11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It's also worth noting that the NBA draft is next Thursday, June 20th. It's highly likely that the Pelicans will move Anthony Davis prior to that date, and most reports are indicating that the Lakers are the likely destination, and for less than they offered during the season.

Boston is hesitant to trade pieces for a 1 year rental, especially with Kyrie considering going elsewhere. The Nets traded away their assets to make room for 2 max free agents. The Knicks can't really match what the Lakers have to offer, and it's been reported that they aren't letting their 3rd overall draft pick go.

Davis is essentially the first domino, and where he goes could greatly impact where others go.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Well IP I am actually a little learned in a couple areas, in addition to personal injury. Spent quite a bit of time in Princeton training on injuries, mechanism of action, xrays, mris, orthopaedic procedures and steps during surgery while working for Stryker and Synthes Corp in the late 90s. Then when random people were in wrecks or the 2 dudes broke more skulls, my pager would go off and I would head to Vandy or UT to make sure everything was there and laid out in succession based on a surgical plan as a couple of ortho residents try to use new equipment or new procedures. And at times believe it or not look over and ask for suggestions.
    Tenny will now forever be afraid of having surgery at a teaching institution

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was being serious. you are an expert in all things limp.

justingroves likes this.
  14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

first time I’ve turned on the nba in like 2 years. What is the deal with the uniforms?

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lowry having a monster game. Feels like the Raptors need to close it out tonight or they’re in trouble. Gotta think they’ll be puckering up if they need a game 7 to win it after being up 3-1 AND Durant getting re-injured.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Klay is going to be the damn MVP of the series.

17. GahLee

Rec league quality from Toronto

18. GahLee

Wonder if Kerr could give them some minutes, they're about out of options.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Gonna need ssmiff to break down Klay’s injury for us.

InVolNerable likes this.
  20. Unimane

Raptors astonishing good fortune continues. Thompson and Durant out. They'll never have this chance again, better make the most of it.