Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’d curious to read the letter he was sent from the WVU coach, and what points she laid out that seems to have initiated the tweet.

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

The link to it is in the tweet you posted.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Thanks. I read and article about the tweet and then went to find to share, but there was no letter. Shoulda just clinked his link.

Anyway, I was expecting a bit more than what was there.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I also forgot FIFA really does not like government intervention into the soccer/football federations and a number of countries have been sanctioned for this. Now, none as big as the US, even in terms of soccer influence. Usually, it's a Senegal type country or Iraq under Hussein, but I wonder how FIFA would respond if the US government were to force the hand of US Soccer.

5. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I just don’t see this bill going anywhere, honestly.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I will laugh if the USWNT starts to consistently bring in more revenue over 5 year periods and begins to make more than the men. Would be the ultimate egg on the face of Cordeiro, Gulati, the whole clan of morons.

7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I would be very upset because it would mean the men are still terrible.

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

How about whoever beats the U15 team gets the bigger paycheck

JohnnyQuickkick likes this.
  9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

CONCACAF released their format for 2022 qualifying today. The top 6 ranked teams qualify for the Hex automatically (Looks to be U.S., Mexico, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Jamaica and Honduras). The top 3 go to Qatar. The fourth place finisher goes to a playoff against the winner of the lower seeded tournament of all the rest of CONCACAF. That winner goes to an inter-confederation playoff for a spot to Qatar.

I'm sure this setup is designed to keep smaller countries from being eliminated so early in the process. We should qualify, but that should've happened two years ago, too. Still, Honduras is fading and Costa Rica looks to be losing a step, too. El Salvador is terrible and Jamaica may be tougher, so top 3 is right there.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

We absolutely 100% should qualify and I’ll believe we won’t when we don’t

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I see the pay gap thing talked about more and more on TV and the internet, and the women bringing in more revenue is now being introduced as a stone cold fact. It’s no longer “they claim.” It’s just “lower pay despite bringing in more revenue.”

Still don’t see how all the facts support that claim.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

She's an angry lady

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Not really.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

"I dont know why there is such a resistance going all in on women.."

Well 1, its business. You are too emotional to educate yourself miss rapinoe.
    2, the vast majority want you to take your trophy, 15 minutes and go away.
    Some like her because shes shitting on Trump and the White House. There will always be that segment, just as some dont like her for doing what shes doing.
    I'm not exactly sure what all Trump has done for or against the LGBT community. I also cant imagine the uproar if she did this with Obama, who may actually have done less for her group than Trump.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I can’t chose between a “she’s smarter than you are” response (because that’s a pretty low bar to jump over) and a “pretty sure she’s premenopausal, so she can’t be emotional yet” response.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've noticed that any view conflicting with ssmiff's, he considers it emotional.

17. Ssmiff

always with the little jabs. Its ok you love her because she dumps on Trump. Takes all kinds. You stay over there and i'll stay over here.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Especially when a conflicting view is provided by a woman.

19. Ssmiff

If its an emotional knee jerk response, yes it is.

20. Ssmiff

I don't like anybody like her, or you, who runs their mouth. Has nothing to do with being a man, woman or a little private school bred boy like you.