POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I saw it would only affect a small portion. My question is why? Why do that to someone serving the country?

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I’m still waiting to understand more myself. Sounded like it would apply to 100 people or so. I figure there must be some reason they are wanting to do it and it does seem pretty narrow so hopefully we’ll hear more to better understand it.

Did the length of time in the US part get explained yet?

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

If one of the US parents is a citizen, isn’t the kid automatically as well?

Edit: never mind, reading some of the rules now.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

this is a direct attack on US Soccer.

tvolsfan and NorrisAlan like this.
  5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Steaks well done.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That should have disqualified him from even being eligible to run for President. Pretty sure that is in the Constitution somewhere.

CardinalVol and Volst53 like this.
  7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

My Mom is so adverse to pink meat that she will take a pre-cooked Honey Baked Ham and put it in the oven for another hour.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

my sister in law requests my brother in law overcook steaks (they do a lot of tri tip meaning i have to eat overcook steak) and then if we go out to dinner to a restaurant she'll get medium rare.

10. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

As an old VFW, this is just one more reason (for me) that Trump is unfit to be CiC. I don't care what the reason is behind it.

This seems to be the most plausible reason, given this Administration's previous antics.

"But the change could conceivably give Trump room to argue that his administration curtailed birthright benefits that a citizen with little or no actual U.S. residency can automatically confer to their foreign-born offspring."

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

What about this makes him “unfit” to be CiC, exactly?

“Unfit” is such a goofily capricious catch-all term.

You don’t like him, and you’ll find fault in anything he does, all under the false auspices of being objective.

You’ll be hoping this is all he’ll do to birthright citizenship. It’s much more surprising that he hasn’t addressed it yet, than he eventually will.

12. Tenacious D

I’d tell a well-done steak eater to bring them something to snack on.

kmf600 and droski like this.
  13. Tenacious D

Developed countries who offer automatic birthright citizenship:

1. The United States of America
    2. Canada

Developed countries who don’t offer automatic birthright citizenship:
    1. All the rest

“Data compiled by NumbersUSA notes that the U.S. and Canada are the only two developed nations — as defined by the International Monetary Fund — which give birthright citizenship to the children of illegal aliens.

Meanwhile, developed nations like Australia, New Zealand, and Ireland have all repealed their birthright citizenship laws within the last 15 years. Even some of the most immigration-maximalist countries in the Western world like Germany, the United Kingdom, and France do not offer birthright citizenship to the children of illegal aliens.”

What, we shouldn’t seek to follow these particular European laws? Just these?

14. Tenacious D

Here, to help explain it:

And here:

15. Tenacious D

There are an estimated 4.5 MILLION anchor babies in the US.

Trump is going to sign an EO to stop it, and SCOTUS will almost certainly allow it to stand.

16. Tenacious D

“Unfit to be CiC” - get that shit out of here.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Canada does not, actually. Your source is from 2009, it has changed since then.

Tenacious D likes this.
  18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

No better way to say "thank you for your service" than having to go through some BS paperwork maze to get your child citizenship.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator