The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Oh, [uck fay] that loser. He's so tough when punching down, but pisses his own pants when taking to Putin, Erdogen or North Korea.

He also said in the article those guys were taking bad about America. No, they were talking bad about YOU. Dude is the last person to be talking shit, especially on a day like today.

Plus, I still despise how juvenile his behavior is in these matters. He's the president, have a little [dadgum] respect for the office.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27819053/nba-cancels-media-availability-rest-china-trip

No media availability for the rest of the China trip. It's textbook authoritarianism, and the NBA is just taking it.

Why the hell won't the NBA just say "[uck fay] y'all" and leave? It sounds like most, if not all Chinese sponsors of the NBA have cut ties with them. Silver has already made it clear that what China is doing/requesting does not align with NBA values. What's there to lose at this point?

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Interesting how the NBA coaches and ESPN personalities who are so quick to criticize anything Trump have now lost their tongues on China.

MWR and NorrisAlan like this.
  5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Dolla Dolla bills y'all.

6. Unimane

I can cut them some slack, based upon what I've heard Steve Kerr say. They are certainly familiar with American politics, society, etc., but I doubt many feel comfortable to make an informed statement on China without fear of looking like an idiot when pressed. Now, definitely, some of it is simply being scared to buck the cash cow of China. However, to an extent, I can buy the "I just don't know enough to comment" excuse....for now.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Give me a break. That’s a cop out.

RockyHill likes this.
  8. Unimane

How many knew what was happening with the Tibetans? The Uighurs? How many even really knew what the deal was in Hong Kong for protesting? I doubt it was a lot. We're not exactly a populace which puts a premium on knowing these things, especially when it doesn't involve us.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It’s interesting, as well, how the “stick to sports” crowd is now demanding that players and coaches speak out on political matters.

NashVol11 likes this.
  10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I think their demand is for consistency. You can’t have it both ways if you want people to take you seriously.

VolDad likes this.
  11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m by no means super plugged into the news or the extensive details of what’s going on in the world, and I have at least a basic knowledge of those things.

The Hong Kong situation really isn’t all that complicated to understand, and Morey obviously felt he knew enough about it to comment.

Their decisions not to comment are 100% about $$$. Claiming otherwise is a cop out.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It works both ways, or no ways.

13. Unimane

So, you are making determinations on perceived knowledge without much evidence on these guys which you are loath to do with Trump despite a much greater preponderance of evidence there. Ok.

Turns out, Kerr, in fact, did retweet something in support of the Hong Kong protesters a month ago, so I do think it was a copout by Kerr in this case.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don’t think the two situations are all that comparable. Yes, I am more willing to fall back on determinations about basketball coaches without much evidence than I am about potentially impeachable offenses by the president of the United States.

Go figure.

15. Unimane

It's simply a matter of levels? It's either likely true or not.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I don't give too much of a damn whether they do or not, they most certainly can even if I do or don't agree, but if you are going to talk about stuff, then I think it's fair that you have to talk about all of it.

Now the league as a whole's take on this has been downright comical it's so $$$$$ driven.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He's the lone one I've lost respect for over this. His answer was Trumpian, IMO.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m not sure I even understand what you’re saying here. If you think we’ve reached “likely true,” with regards to the Trump situation, based on current evidence, then you need to stop drinking the kool aid.

19. Unimane

Kool aid, like all of the clear evidence available to make the obvious connections, including the release by the White House? So much denial.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

China is so far away and such little information gets out; I don't know how they can be expected to know China's stance on human rights....

[​IMG]