COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Do you think it's harder to disappear a living person or a dead person?

Someone should ask China. They definitely know the answer.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

They should let China manage Biden’s campaign. Luckily, they seem to be.

4. Tenacious D

This Stable Genius is on everything.

Everything.

upload_2020-4-7_11-37-44.jpeg

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Biden makes the same call being in the same position.

His statements 2 months ago were politically driven, thus his handlers reason for making the more recent comment about it being right.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Just as an FYI on the hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19, it appears 800mg is recommended for day one. After that it’s 400 mg per day for 6 days followed by a 5mg daily maintenance dose. I saw a couple of other dosing schedules, but nothing drastically different.

Lupus and rheumatoid arthritis patients take 200-400 mg per day. So it’s not a crazy dosage that’s being recommended.

Contraindications include kidney or liver issues, preexisting vision issues, and several heart issues.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

8. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

You do realize that doctors around the world are using it and saying it has shown promise? It’s not just Trump.

9. Tenacious D

*feverishly searching Snopes & Buzzfeed to verify*

10. Tenacious D

What are you, a gang rapist?

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

There is even evidence that many doctors are hoarding it for personal and family use. Kind of odd behavior if there is no hope in it at all.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

My brother who is about as apolitical as you can get (hates everyone) is hopeful about prescribing it for cases he sees in the future. (He hasn't seen any yet.)

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

14. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Well it depends on what is meant by leadership.

There is no doubt local leaders (who might have been democrats) and as I believe Pelosi (when she went out to CA’s lunar near year celebration but I need to confirm this) was saying come out and join us.

However I think that saying that in early February is very different than in late February or heaven forbid March (as I believe De Blasio did but need to confirm).

15. TennTradition

Great she was discharged but incredibly concerning she was in full blown pneumonia and didn’t know it. Definitely lends credence to the idea people are dying at home with it. My boss’s kid’s soccer coach did - but he had a positive diagnosis and was riding it out at home and thought he was doing ok.

16. Unimane

Some interesting info here on projections and the new data:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/07/health/ihme-updated-covid19-model/index.html

A couple of things I noted. One, it's great the numbers are trending downward due to social distancing, even though 80,000 in about 5 months time is a lot of people dying from a virus. Second, the projections assume social distancing practices until August. I'm just not sure this happens. Once we start seeing a downward trend, there will be a serious itch, which is already occurring, to go "back to normal", and social distancing will probably just get lip service by then. Looking back at the 1918 flu epidemic has been fascinating for me and there were some notable examples of cities which abandoned social distancing too early. They ended up having second boom cycles as opposed to other cities which didn't.

17. Unimane

You have been a very illuminating look into the development of a cultish devotion to a leader. It's been very educational, thank you.

By the way, I have zero doubt I'd discover this post was related to him watching a segment on Fox News last night were I to take about 5 minutes to research it.

18. TennTradition

Yeah people were trashing this revision yesterday on VolNation, where I’ve also been getting some COVID talk in. Look - there are definitely fair questions about this model - including my concern they are peaking too early in a lot of areas (but it seems they were quite right about NY). They have changed assumptions about how many days someone needs to be hospitalized, etc now that we have more data and that significantly reduced the hospital load. But deaths haven’t moved that much. They were at 88k, went up to 94, now down to 82.

They were attacking the study saying it went from 2MM down to 50k and was the only reason we were social distancing, which is now obviously complete hogwash. None of which is true. And this was KiddieDoc.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Emperor. It'll be Emperor Biden when the Chinese get him elected.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Most certainly. I mean, she went and ran, came in, goes to hospital, has the rona.

It's insane.