COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

In an online meeting my wife is having, Miami-Dade county is making provisions for mass burials. They talked about the rumors that they're cremating all the bodies, but they're not sure, so they're making plans in case they don't

2. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I feel like someone touched on this earlier in the thread, but I am loving folks spouting the 40k per year flu deaths like gospel while shitting on the CV models.

The 40k is a [uck fay]ING MODELED NUMBER.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Shhhhhhh. Don't use facts and logic, it only causes problems.

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Racist, imo

Tenacious D likes this.
  5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm down to 4 bottles of bourbon ,not including my Blantons, I panicked and bought 4 more today.

Come at me you punks that complain about hording supplies

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I had pneumonia a couple of years back. Went to work, thought I was feeling pretty bad, came home, showered, slept from 4 pm to 6:30 am for almost a week. My wife told me I'm going to a dr today, they said you're a [uck fay]ing idiot. Gave me one set of antibiotics, didn't respond, gave me a shot in the ass and 4 different antibiotics. I felt better a couple of days later. I can see not knowing/being to ficking stupid to go to the dr.

TennTradition and justingroves like this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Trump driving the bus over WHO.

Tenacious D likes this.
  9. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

10. AbeFroman

AbeFroman Member

Yeah well they built the bus, gassed it up, and paved the road.

justingroves likes this.
  11. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I wasn’t being a smart ass.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Conservative media giving him the cue to pass along the blame entirely to them in order to distract from his leg in the [uck fay] ups for this entire ordeal.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Did WHO screw up? If they did, calling them out is fine with me no matter who does it.
    If they didnt, its bullshit on Trumps part.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

WHO did screw up, as did China, majorly, and a lot of other people who will (hopefully) have to answer for themselves, like the governments of Italy and, as we'll see this week and next as it hits them hard, the UK. There are a lot of people culpable along the way towards the US having around 20,000 dead Americans in the space of about a month. Trump is one who should be forced to answer for his actions, or lack thereof, and for which I will hold my breath will happen. What him going hard on WHO is about, however, is to redirect the blame away from him as "I take no responsibility at all". He'll have his usual lackeys provide cover for him and allow him to place the blame elsewhere for his inaction, but he's a definite link in this chain of a major disaster in this country. He's going to go hard on the "it's not my fault, I'm just a victim of the media/Democrats/etc." for the remainder of the year.

It isn't just him, though, and, again, I hope this leads to some massive accountability from citizens in a lot of countries, states and cities for their lack of appropriate response. I even have to wonder if the Chinese people will have a reckoning, though it seems unlikely. People like Jair Bolsanaro may be in deep shit and Trump should, but there remains a lot of this to play out.

I guarantee we'll see some economic changes, like Canada being super pissed about 3M not being able to fulfill their order across the border for masks as the US confiscated them and lead to them reevaluating certain manufacturing details and a host of other items. 2020 will be crazy as hell.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  15. vols4sure

vols4sure Member

No, I read it as a stupid analogy. Prescribing the known and non-addictive hydroxychloroquine before clinical tests are completed for the specific purpose of treating the novel disease Covid-19 (where the medication is taken probably at most for a week) is not comparable to to the overprescription of addictive opioids.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

John Prine has died of the CCP virus.

17. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I'm gonna be real honest with y'all since I'm a little drunk and this is a safe space.

I had no idea who John Prine was before CV.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Paradise is one of my favorite songs

2Maggitt2Quit likes this.
  19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Drink a little more and get familiar with him. You'll be better for it.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Blow up your t.v., throw away your paper
    Go to the country, build you a home
    Plant a little garden, eat a lot of peaches
    Try and find Jesus on your own.

We should have all listened.

warhammer and Volst53 like this.