OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Did you have the decking painted with that sanded paint stuff at one point?

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

The pool deck has been a pain. We used sundeck but it didnt take long to look bad. Have had to have part of it lifted by shooting concrete under it. We used another guy last time and i guess its just called stained concrete and picked a light grey to white color. Did it on my front porch too.
    Wish i woulds done pavers back there but stained concrete is so much cheaper

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

This post needs more recognition, people.

TennTradition and justingroves like this.
  4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Is there any kind of program out there where my front office can text people from the computer and not have to use their personal cell phones?

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

You willing to run Windows on a Mac?

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

As in text patients? Or text other people in the office?

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Text patients on their cell phones.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That would be way too much trouble.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Google Voice? You'd have to have a new number or port one over, and I don't know how Google looks at businesses using its services like that. There are other web based services like that. I use Textnow to have a stateside number for folks to call if they want to contact me. I get tons of spam on it though. There are other companies out there that will set you up with a number that will send and receive texts through a website for a fee. I looked at numberbarn.com for a while before using text now.

10. fl0at_

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Should come through your PM software.

12. fl0at_

Find an API you like, that is easy to integrate, like Twilio, and if you ask nicely, I bet someone here would be willing to write a little quick and dirty app that just takes a number input and a message, and sends and receives through the API.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hmmm. Some good suggestions, but based on the level of computer savvy of the operators, looks like Google Voice is going to be the way to go.

14. fl0at_

It's good you can recognize your shortcomings.

justingroves likes this.
  15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

The town where we spent 6 years while living in Midland is facing massive flooding tonight. Bunch of friends were evacuated this evening when a dam failed. The last dam between the wall of water and then either failed a bit ago or breached with failure imminent. The big flood up there was in 1986. They are expecting 4 more feet of water than that flood by tomorrow morning. Downtown Midland maybe under 9 ft of water by morning.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You ever see the Permian Panthers play?

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

don't know if ya'll knew him, but Barrett 3* from VN days died. I hung out with him a couple times. Very nice guy who would do anything for you. Left behind a young son. He was only about 40.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I doubt he flew down from Michigan to watch a high school football game

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Well he should have.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

SAB would have.

But that the kind of rugged dedication that leads potentially fingering a butthole in the back seats of cars