The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Mainly that you said it, hand doubled down on it, and it's hysterical.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

So, were you accepted, Indy?

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You just tried to claim that I said Howard would be "remembered more than" Ewing. That's 100% false.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No sir. I went through a 12-15 month process with them but did not get the job. As previously mentioned, I accepted a job with a company in downtown Nashville shortly after and now have a "corporate job" in Baltimore. Again, don't worry about me, I'm doing just fine.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

18. I bought my own lunch.

6. CardinalVol

Well, I now understand why you couldn't land an analyst job if you can't figure out what I was trying to say.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Best post in message board history

NYY, lumberjack4, JT5 and 1 other person like this.
  8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

How many times has LeBron been knocked out of the playoffs in the first round? MJ?

How many hall of famers played on each of the teams MJ beat in the finals? How many hall of famers played on each the teams Bron has played in the finals?

9. CardinalVol

And here we go again.

(Tenny - just skip to the point where he starts arguing Dwight Howard, that's when it gets real fun.)

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Why should your inability to formulate a coherent, true statement cause me to be burdened with figuring out what you are "trying" to say?

And it's not so much about what you're saying/not saying but more about what you're doing. You're trying to claim I said something that I never said. My statement about Howard was "as good as or better." You're trying to revise the "as good as" part out of history. It's similar to what MJ fellaters do with the 1995 NBA playoffs. It's also similar to when people mention Patrick Ewing making two NBA finals but fail to mention that he got hurt in game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals in 1999 and his team went on to win 3 of the next 4 and advance without him.

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Jordan played against 7, that I know of, currently in the Hall. There are a lot more if you include teams he faced in the playoffs. LeBron is TBD.

I also know Jordan lost 3 times in the first round of the playoffs, which is the same number of times LeBron has missed the playoffs.

12. CardinalVol

OK.

13. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Was it a sack lunch?

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You didn't answer my questions. You're trying to skip around answering. Let's start with the first one again:

How many hall of famers played on each of the teams MJ beat in the finals. Go ahead and break down all 6 for me, individually. Then break down the number of hall of famers on every finals team LeBron has both beaten and lost to. This should help you and others understand the difference in talent on the teams MJ beat and the teams Bron has played.

Also, if you want to be fair in your argument, you should note a few additional pieces in your second line:
    • LeBron missed the playoffs in his first two seasons in the NBA, as well as his first season with the Lakers.
      • The Cavs were 35-47 in year one of LeBron and 42-40 in year two. The Bulls were 38-44 in their first year with Jordan and 30-52 the second year. So, yeah, LeBron missed the playoffs in years one and two, but his record was nearly identical to Jordan's in year 1 and significantly better than Jordan's in year two. Also worth noting that Jordan was injured in year 2 and only started 7 regular season games, so it's not like making the playoffs was on him. More than meets the eye here.
      • Also worth noting that the Bulls improved by 11 wins the year they drafted Jordan, while the Cavs improved by 18 wins during LeBron's first season, more than doubling their previous year's win total.
      • LeBron missed the playoffs his first year with the Lakers due to injury. They were 4th in the West when he got injured and were pretty much guaranteed to make the playoffs. Pretty sure they beat the defending champion Warriors the night he got injured.
    • You didn't state it outright, but you implied that MJ never missed the playoffs. We still pretending 2001-2003 never happened? Because the Wizards definitely missed the playoffs.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

When he was 40? No, the Wizards doesn't really count, although, in fact, he was leading a major turnaround in Washington his first year before he had to get surgery on his knee and had them well positioned in the playoff race.

He played against 7 Hall of Famers in the Finals. Divac, Magic, Worthy, Payton, Malone, Stockton and Drexler. Fuss that out how you will. He also played against a large number of HoF players in the playoffs during those runs to the finals, which should be a part of whatever sort of point you're getting at here. This includes guys like Thomas, Dumars, Rodman, Shaq, Ewing, Miller, Mourning, Wilkins, Mullin, Mutombo, etc.

So, that makes 17 Hall of Fame players he had to go through to win his titles. You can do LeBron, if you want.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think if LeBron is able to take teams to the playoffs at 40, it will begin to matter. Premature, though.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

And awfully specific. Doesn’t deny the obvious, that a sexual encounter with Sab did occur in the back seat of Sab’s ‘96 Dodge Neon. Just that his butthole was not fingered during that encounter.

justingroves and NYY like this.
  19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

You got as far as Sab in the process.

justingroves likes this.
  20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Whatever. Fake news. There weren’t any hall of famers before 2003