POLITICS Trump in 2020

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jun 2, 2020.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Am I?

Let me quote you: "But I personally had not [...]"

I'm sorry that you had to personally be affected (that means: mentally, physically, emotionally) in order for you to see at all.

But don't worry, there is a lot of time between November, and I have no doubt a slight breeze will knock down your wobbly stance, and you'll be back to blind.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

He doesn't post here anymore it seems, but we'll need to add Randy Broyles to this list.

NYY and Tenacious D like this.
  3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

With that, net zero.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm definitely wobbly on Trump. Like some of his policies. Can't stand the man. You are right about that.

5. fl0at_

Seems like you've got your answer. The man ain't changed. The policies ain't changed.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Sample size: 4 people. Seems legit.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Waiting 8 hours to vote is not reasonable. This is voter suppression.

9. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Another Democrat controlled county.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm glad you noticed, since it's the responsibility of the Sec of State, a Republican in Georgia, and quite a common tactic to have limited number of polling site in the Democratic leaning cities, as well as limiting the number of early voting days.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I wonder if a women that works for 2 Democratic senators might stretch the truth some? Interesting that you take this as truth. Also I'm not saying it's not true but I have some doubt.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

it got a lot of on the ground coverage by non conservative media when Abrams was running for governor.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

So you just blindly believe it to be accurate? I guess since it helps push your mail in voting it's got to be true.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Blindly believing it would mean that I haven't seen multiple videos, photos, and accounts of it. Which I have. I also experienced a 3 hour wait for a caucus before while other places minutes away had none, so I know it happens. And you can't mail a caucus so it really doesn't have anything to do with mail-in. With Abrams, the point was that there was not a fair distribution of voting machines-- as is the case here. The mail-in stuff is about COVID-19.

Don't take my word for it. Here's a story on the issue, look at the date: https://www.ajc.com/news/state--reg...sed-busy-election-day/GEe491hw2FsEAKESx42TYM/

Take off any political lense and look at this objectively as an American who has a right to vote.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I waited for 3 hours to vote before as well. Not a big deal imo as I would have waited longer to make sure I got to vote. People are willing to wait even longer for a sweet tv deal on black Friday so voting which is way more important shouldn't be a problem.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not everyone is physically or responsibly capable to do so, and don't shop for sweet tv deals on black Friday.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I waited in line for a couple of hours in 2016 because I guess everyone in townsend has the same last name and it’s in the A-M half of the alphabet. The N-Z part was walk in and walk out

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's idiotic. They could see on the rolls where the even split would be, and I guarantee it ain't at M and N.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Horse shit. You must not have stood in a black Friday line before. All kinds of people are there for the sweet deals.

20. fl0at_

I don't wait for anything longer than 15 minutes.

I would have left. I will leave. Hell, I left a line today, because the clerk had to go find a price since the inventory system was down, and I was 3rd in line.

Ain't got time for waiting.