The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

my feet get as much clearance as bumper cars. Never was much of an athlete.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We played 2 truths and a lie with my boss recently and found out he once played against 4 different future NBA players in a single weekend. Apparently guarded Kobe quite a bit in one game. Pretty neat.

I played football, not basketball. I was a defense and effort guy but not tall enough or a good enough shooter.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’m an ok average Joe athlete. I really think I’d been good at soccer if I started before age 35

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

makes sense, being that people usually start when they are about 4

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

We didn’t know what it was in Gibson Co in 1984

NorrisAlan likes this.
  6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

My favorite King of the Hill episode
    [​IMG]

chavisut, Indy and utvol0427 like this.
  7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

IP likes this.
  8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I've always wondered why no one ever includes conference finals with this info. I have no idea what it would show, but I think if a team hade to go through 3-4 All-NBA/HOF caliber players just to get to the finals, that's just as relevant as who they faced in the finals.

A-Smith likes this.
  9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Well, it depends what you’re trying to say or understand. I think this graphic is a good one to show anyone who points out LeBron’s finals record in comparison to Jordan’s.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

[​IMG]was the Cleveland shot a 3? Or just inside?

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If we can tear down wicked Lincoln and Churchill statues, then Lebron gets to be the GOAT I guess.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The buzz around Rajon Rondo baffles me. I get that he played well in the playoffs, but the guy is 34 years old, incredibly challenging to deal with in the locker room, and really not that good of a player anymore. It's like his playoff performance was above expectations, and now everyone has forgotten that he has played for 6 different teams in the past 7 seasons.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Dennis Schröder to the Lakers would be an enormous pick up.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is Brooklyn building a super team?

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Im not sure James Harden is a good fit on that team with Kyrie and KD. They may be so talented that it just doesn’t matter, but the chemistry seems... weird...

16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Kind of a click-bait article, to be honest. They let you get pretty deep into it before they reveal that Harden still has 3 years left on his contract and is really in no position to pick his trade destination.

That said, it will be interesting to see where he ends up, should they decide to trade him.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Oh shit, my Bucks going all in tonight. They pick up Bogdan Bogdanovic and Jrue Holiday with a bunch of guys leaving. Of consequence, they part with Dante DiVincenzo, George Hill and Eric Bledsoe, plus three first round picks. I don't mind losing Bledsoe, a major underachiever in the playoffs. DiVincenzo is alright, but he is just a role player who hit the wall or something last season. Hill I liked a lot, but he's 34 and you gotta give up something. They clearly expect to sign Giannis with these moves because they are wholly [uck fay]ed if he opts for free agency (I think he stays). I appreciate the fact the franchise is going for broke here, even if it doesn't pan out.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

So, the Bucks starting lineup is

PG - Jrue Holiday
    SG - Bogdan Bogdanovic
    SF - Khris Middleton
    PF - Giannis
    C - Brook Lopez

That is a nasty unit, defensively (outside of Bogdanovic, who is alright) and offensively. Of course, they traded their depth away and they'll lose Wes Mathews, probably. Marvin Williams retired and I assume Kyle Korver, too. Pretty much Pat Connaughton and the Lopez twin who got lesser talent in the womb is the bench. Time to scour the league and see if a few veterans want to chase a ring.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Gotta hand it to them - they’re doing what they can to keep Giannis and win a championship.

If they can’t get it done, I’ll be curious to see if all the blame will fall to the coach, or if Giannis will take the hit.