The Sunshine Pumping Josh Heupel Positives Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

So, firing him after year three is nine million.

Gross.

That said, if that 100%/75%/50% is tied to absolute dates and not to years remaining on the contract, at least it wouldn’t totally reset if we extend him.

A-Smith likes this.
  2. Tar Volon

I believe that would be six million. The end of his fourth season would be 2024, he’d still be in the 75% bracket

3. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Correct, 5 years then.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Full salary if fired before year 3. 3/4 of salary if fired between years 3-5, half salary after that. I don’t know if it is mitigated by future earnings. It usually is.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

95% of this board knew the last three guys were shit as soon as the hire was announced, I suspect this will prove to be the same.

Daddy Gee and A-Smith like this.
  6. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I think this is somewhat likely

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Now I remember why I hate Volnation so badly.

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS likes this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Its not going out on a limb to predict failure when there are less than 5 guaranteed championship caliber coaches in college football and none of them are going to come to a dumster fire program, and, have to do it without paying players.

9. Tar Volon

Interestingly, the buyout does not specify a percentage of compensation “for the remainder of the contract” but rather “to be paid by January 31, 2027.”

I wonder if that makes a difference if he were to be extended, or whether they’d just change the 2027 to 2028. But, by this particular wording, they could extend his contract without increasing the buyout by a penny. I’m neither a lawyer nor an agent and have no idea whether that would fly in practice. But if we have the flexibility to give extensions without a buyout change, and would be so refreshing compared to the last couple deals.

10. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

It’s why we came here!

Sent from Not in my Home State using the new old Atari

11. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

After Year 2 though?

12. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

Pruitt going to the Jets. He knows he’s getting a show cause

13. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

He’ll suddenly remember how to coach again also...

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The one funny thing that happened over there this time was this poster named Neyland Rising, who has been a member since 2013 but never posted.

Half of the coach search stuff happened in the recruiting forum in one thread: currently 132k posts long.

Anyway, Neyland Rising was apparently reading the whole thing but couldn’t keep up-who could? But he was giving likes about 36 hours late-consistently. Everyone there was joking about it. They were using the sloth stamp meme to poke fun.

Like I say, this user had never made a post-ever. Just kept slowly reading and liking.

However, when the Heupel news broke last night, he finallly posted a 1 word post: mehupel.

It was the post of a broken man. A man who got to the end of a long book and found that a toddler had scribbled in a terrible ending.

Ok I said it was funny, now that I tell it, it feels depressing. Look at what UT does to the Neyland Risings of the world.

mehupel

15. Tar Volon

It is mitigated, according to the knoxnews article

16. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Now I can full-on hate the Jets too.

warhammer likes this.
  17. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Lmao

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Pruitt’s wasn’t. But [uck fay] him, lol.

19. CD12

CD12 Member

I can buy that sweet Ole Miss hoodie that I’ve had my eye on and not feel dirty..

lylsmorr likes this.
  20. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I’m on my way now. Maybe we can get him fired by Spring Practice.

hohenfelsvol likes this.