2020-21 Basketball Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Apr 25, 2020.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Glad to see the two freshman just completely take a game over. Hopefully tonight was eye opening for them both. Johnson especially.

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

6E3332FD-A20B-4AA9-85A6-C4521EA14114.jpeg Memtownvol gettin’ in on ‘em!!

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Honestly, I don’t know that I even need National Championships, final fours, or even SEC titles. Just beat Kentucky twice a year, every year, and I think I’ll be happy.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Good to see a big win and vol fans in here celebrating. Silly how some only show after Ls

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Apparently the secret to our success is me going to sleep and not caring. Passed out at 58 48.

justingroves likes this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Winning in Rupp is fun

hohenfelsvol and CardinalVol like this.
  7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

8. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

[dadgum] you're completely insufferable. Can you just be happy with the win and not spend just one simple day being this whiny [itch bay] about how others should properly behave as fans? You are like the kid the teacher put in charge to write names on the board when she left the room.

JudgmentVol likes this.
  10. Ssmiff

I call it like I see it. Plus had a few drinks. Thank goodness we won because the "i have concerns about this team and this is what Barnes does" posts adnauseum are nauseating and we got to skip 15 of them last night while we beat Kentuckys ass.

Btw, Vescovi +20 last night in 24 minutes. Pretty damn good.
    And, Springer said coaches have been pushing them to pick up tempo and be aggressive for weeks now, so maybe when the offense bogs down, its on the players and now they will keep it up

11. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

In basketball during games it's about 90% on the players.

12. Unimane

Uh, the stupid "I call them like I see 'em" cliche to justify being an annoying busybody. And, I hate to break it to you, but I have some concerns still and a win against a 5-12 team don't necessarily assauge them. I guess I'll call that "I call it like I see it", too. But, yes, beating Kentucky is always wonderful and I never get tired of putting a little extra level of happy in winning in Rupp, no matter how terrible they are.

KyleAlexanderfan likes this.
  13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Vescovi had about as much to do with that +20 as you did.

KyleAlexanderfan likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Just saying, can't count it when its minus and disregard when its +. Hes also leading the sec in asst/to ratio according to the announcers so maybe he does some things you dont see and is deserving to wear the T.

15. Unimane

I'm curious as to how they deal with the Florida pressure which is coming Tuesday night, assuming we play. We were better last night than previously, but there were still a couple of shaky turnovers. I guess we'll never feel completely secure in those situations until we get Chandler, but improvement is good.

Tar Volon likes this.
  16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I’m probably a little too down on him right now. I think he slows down our offense.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Even down 10 I didn’t feel like we were out of it. They built that lead on lies and Russian interference

justingroves and BigOrangeBeech like this.
  18. Ssmiff

fair. He makes some lazy turnovers and is more of a SG playing PG, but teamwise, he's #1 in assists, #2 in steals and #4 in rebounding

19. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

changed to playing UGA.

20. Ssmiff

Won last 3 of 4 in Rupp and last 6 of 9 vs ky.
    For 55+ years, Ky was 20-0 vs UT at Rupp when leading by 8 in 5he 2nd half. They are 0-2 the last 2 visits when up by 8.
    Barnes is 7-5 vs Calipari

Indy likes this.