2020-21 Basketball Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Apr 25, 2020.

1. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

We need another quality win so hopefully that Florida game gets rescheduled - but I’m guessing it won’t.

That leaves 2 road trips to LSU and Auburn as only chances for good wins.

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Yeah, the refs singlehandedly dug us in a hole with all the fouls and ridiculous calls early on. It evened out a little in the second half and they finally let them start playing.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Would have been a 30 point beatdown without the officiating in the first half.

4. KyleAlexanderfan

I haven’t been that upset with refs in quite some time. And it was compounded by Barnes’ 2 foul rule.

Tar Volon likes this.
  5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Watching second half now. Scrap the playbook and let the freshmen have at it.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Barnes says he has been wanting to do that all season. He wants them to just attack.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

ones that stood out were a horrible charge call on Springer. Another one on Pons where the guy moved a foot laterally and they called it. A no call on Pons when he got fouled 3 times under the basket. And one where Keon jumped from a foot inside the line under the basket for a save and the ref I call Hasselhoff pointed down, blew the whistle and called Keon out of bounds.

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I didn’t feel like we were out of it at half, but I was drifting in that direction when it was still 10 at the 12-minute mark. Like maybe they didn’t deserve the lead but we also weren’t playing the kind of ball we needed to reverse it. (Until we were)

A-Smith likes this.
  9. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The out-of-bounds and the block on Fulkerson (his fourth) were the most egregious for me.

justingroves, IP and A-Smith like this.
  10. Ssmiff

Yeah the Fulk call was bad, but he didn't help by already kindof falling back before much contact was made.

11. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Florida game postponed.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

We’re playing Georgia.

13. KyleAlexanderfan

I hope we have some way of containing their PG. Still have nightmares of the last 5’9 PG they had that dominated us.

14. Ssmiff

That lefty kid was unstoppable a few years back. Cant remember his name

15. OneForVol

Good deal. Thanks.

16. OneForVol

Is UGA game Wednesday night?

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yeah

OneForVol likes this.
  18. Ssmiff

I didnt realize we had only won at Rupp 4 times ever before Barnes got here.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You could hear the audible slap on Pons, I believe, down low and no call

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

There was one play (maybe the same one) where the guy landed on Pons, and if he wasn’t a damned marble statue it would’ve knocked him over. And then the guy fouled him 2 more times.

justingroves likes this.