COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

[uck fay]. That.

School's should stick to teaching and let the parents parent.

2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I have no issue with a vaccine clinic being at the school. It's really convenient for a lot of kids. Simply require a parental signature and we're good. I remember my parents having to sign a form for scholiosis, vision, and hearing screenings when I was in school. All were 100% non-invasive, I'd think a jab would require at least the same level of permission. I don't care if a school gives out condoms, tampons, whatever, but when foraying into medical services require parental permission. It's really simple.

justingroves and IP like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

a condom is one thing, a pill is another. they could kill somebody if a parent doesn't know and the kid is afraid to speak up

TennTradition likes this.
  4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’m not talking condoms.

It’s generally allowed for teens to get birth control without their parents consent.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

and I am saying I foresee how this could lead to a dangerous situation if parents don't know and kids won't say

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If the parents want to allow the risk, I’m okay with it but I don’t think they should be letting minors make it on their own.

There are some concerns and some of it we just won’t know for years down the road.

One issue is that the lipid protein isn’t staying at the injection site and is moving through the body and is liking to settle in bone marrow and women’s ovaries.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I remember when this conspiracy was for hpv vaccines. they gotta quit recycling material

JudgmentVol and The Dooz like this.
  8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Is it really that low? Does that factor in children?

That seems really low.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

34% according to a quick google

11. JohnnyQuickkick

People are dumb about vaccines already and especially dumb about this one and people they listen to have been continuously questioning it

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

34.6% according to what I see.

My wife and I are vaccinated.

my mom isnt.

my brother isnt.

my sister isnt.

IP likes this.
  13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The state is absolutely gorgeous and the cost of living is low, but we raise A LOT of [uck fay]ing morons in Tennessee.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

pretty sure the crowd was booing the rate, so her response is kind of weird. the crowd that showed up was probably a lot more vaccinated than the state as a whole

Indy likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

for me, it breaks down along post secondary education lines pretty closely

16. JohnnyQuickkick

My parents are vaccinated and my mom still talks about it like it’s questionable. I don’t get it

17. NorrisAlan

I politely asked my mom why (and she is educated and always thought she was pretty intelligent), and it came down to "I don't trust it, and I won't be told what to do."

And later in the conversation it was "I take zinc, blah blah" and all these pseudo-vitamin things, as well as "And I would take hydroxychloroquine if they let me because it works"

"mom, same science that talks about that says vaccines work."

"just dont tell me i have to do something."

18. JohnnyQuickkick

Yeaaah that’s pretty much it

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

tell her not to take it.

20. NorrisAlan

She isn't that stupid and would see right through it.

I even asked her "Who is telling you that you HAVE to take it? No one, mom."

But I thanked her for talking to me and kissed her and she went home. Nothing more I could do nor would I want to.