2020-ish Tokyo Olympics

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Unimane, Jul 22, 2021.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm always down to watch any Olympics

chavisut likes this.
  2. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

I agree 100% on figure skating. I like all the Winter sking, snowboarding, speed skating events and bobsled, luge, hockey.... Just a personal preference is all.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

ARCHERY **** YEAH

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It looks like the pool will not be as good as normal for the US this Olympics. Australia is going to roll them, especially the women.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why did we kick out a lady for pot but are letting a dude accused of sexual assault fence?

lylsmorr likes this.
  6. Unimane

Because "rules"!!

It's stupid. I want to see the best athletes in the world compete in many sports which are only highlighted every four years. If she's not getting a material advantage from something, then let her run.

lylsmorr likes this.
  7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Ridiculous

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

USA rules the seas, [itch bay].

9. Unimane

The US women got smoked in the relay, though. I think the Australian women are going to wear out the American women. Even Ledecky might be in trouble in a couple of her events.

The US men might do alright, though. Phelps spoiled us.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  10. Unimane

USA about to lose to France after pissing away a 7 point 4th quarter lead. They can't score. Durant suuuuucked. Jrue was the best player and he just got off the plane.

11. Unimane

What a miserable offensive effort. France with a 17-2 run to finish off the game. [uck fay]ing embarrassing.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

On the bright side of things it's looking less and less likely we'll have any awkward podium situations with the anthem for men's ball or women's kickball.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Full disclosure, other than pop I can't tell you a single person associated with men's ball this year.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

ya, how was this team selected?

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don’t think I’ve cared about USA Basketball since the Dream Team.

I’ve got every year to watch basketball but canoe slalom only comes along once every 4 years.

CitrusCo.Vol, IP and CardinalVol like this.
  16. Unimane

Basketball is still a highlight of the Olympics, for me. The 2008 and 2012 gold medal games against Spain were classics, loaded with talent on both rosters.

But, compare this team with those two USA rosters. Not even in the same universe of talent. And, no player as saturated in mediocrity has made the most of being a role player alongside NBA greats as has Draymond Green.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Know what else was a classic? The 2008 women’s handball final.

But good luck watching that every year.

lylsmorr likes this.
  18. Unimane

When else are you going to watch a meaningful game with a starting lineup of Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, Chris Paul and Chris Bosh where it's a tight contest and they aren't half-assing it like an All-Star Game? I'm telling you, anyone who didn't catch that middle of the night game missed out on one of the best games in the last two decades at any level.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

When else are you going to watch the entire 50k race walking competition in the middle of the night like I did in 2004?

Yeah, I rest my case.

lylsmorr likes this.
  20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

How does a team with both Dame Lillard and Kevin Durant in the starting lineup only score 76 points?