2020-ish Tokyo Olympics

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Unimane, Jul 22, 2021.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It’s true.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Only because Lebron hasn’t tried it yet

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Jordan woulda won more medals.

tvolsfan likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

yes, I for some reason thought she wasn't doing as well. I was wrong and mistaken, but this appears to be a blind squirrel situation where for totally unrelated reasons she scratched. so I have like a lizard brain "I was right" feeling but it is completely undeserved as it was random and baseless.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Women's basketball and soccer were pretty underwhelming last night, too. I'm curious about those two because both of those teams went heavy in terms of the old guard and I wonder if there's enough world wide depth to punish the American organizations in both sports for their arrogance and pet players, a kind of litmus test for the sports.

Hell, the USA basketball team for the women started a 39 year old and a 40 year old and beat Nigeria by 9.

IP and tvolsfan like this.
  6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

how much of this is because before they were forced to retire to make money?

7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I saw somewhere the average age for the uswnt is 31? Ridiculously old.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

And, they passed over better players in favor of some UCONN aging legacies because their old coach is on the Olympic Committee, which should piss off any UT fan. They had all these old chicks and didn't pick Candace Parker? [uck fay] off, guys. They did the same thing to a deserving Tamika Catchings in 2016.

justingroves likes this.
  9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

How much of this is what?

10. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I was actually talking about soccer, but it looks like this problem is more widespread than I thought.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Her being the goat. 30 years ago she would have had to retire before this point

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Who do you think is better?

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

She is the goat. But some 2nd guessing will be fair. Imagine Federer, Tiger or Jack, Jordan, Brady, Walter Payton, whoever the goat baseball players are, Messi, etc quitting in the middle of a champ run or Olympics due to not feeling like they have it mentally. It just wouldn't happen.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

None of these people have anything to do with women’s gymnastics.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It’s a question not a statement

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I think it’s a fair criticism in this case, though. She’s still the GOAT gymnast, but this seems wrong to pull out in the middle of a team event at the Olympics.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

So, who do you think is better? I’m curious if you have somebody in mind.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have no idea if someone is better. Goat icons in corporate ads with her kind of got old, and this so far is an anticlimactic end to those ad campaigns.

I prefer actual goats to the acronym or athletes described it, fwiw. goats are cool.

A-Smith likes this.
  19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

There’s still the women’s all round competition and the individual disciplines competition.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

yes, that's why I hedged with "so far"

The Dooz likes this.