2020-ish Tokyo Olympics

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Unimane, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Might as well get this one started now that events have begun in some sports. Looking forward to some specific events, but the no fans will make it weird. I imagine this time difference will kind of be a pain in the ass, too.

First observation, the softball field is kind of embarrassing, though a former Vol, Monica Abbott, dealt the Canadians a shutout yesterday. USA women's soccer already getting the vitriol from flyover America after their regular loss to the Swedes.

The good shit, begins after tomorrow's Opening Ceremony.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I really want to be excited but I just can’t get behind it this time around with the same level I’m usually at.

I’ll sure I’m still going to be watching as much swimming and track & field as I can consume, but the anticipation for me just isn’t there.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I read that both baseball and softball had to agree to use the same facilities in order to be added back to the competition. Apparently the mounds raise up and down.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I just don’t find much of the summer stuff entertaining. Everybody seems to love swimming but it bores me to tears

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I cannot remember the last time I watched the Olympics.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

People like winning, and the US has done well in the pool.

chavisut likes this.
  7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I like the track stuff. I think that's about it.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

That’s great. It’s boring as hell imo

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We'll watch gymnastics because the wife and daughter love it.

That's probably about it. If it weren't for softball and then women's soccer losing, I'd not even know it was time to start.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have never been a summer Olympics guy

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I will watch table tennis, because it is insanity. Forgot about that.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

A lot of Olympic sports are "judge" sports, and I detest them. Unless it can be measured, don't even talk to me about it.

IP likes this.
  13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I like Olympic Sports and I don’t care who knows.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

there seems to be a big overlap on my Facebook feed of people who watch The Bachelor and the Olympics

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Handball is awesome. Racewalking is hilarious. The rest is meh.

16. Unimane

I like the Summer Olympics significantly more than the Winter Olympics, although I do have my quadrennial "gymnastics isn't a sport" argument ready to go. I live for track, obviously, and like to watch the Americans in the pool. Lots of niche sports which I can get into for the Summer Games, especially if the US gives me a rooting interest, like volleyball, water polo, rowing and the like. Then there's basketball and soccer, so a bunch of stuff to keep my interest.

17. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

Winter Olympics over Summer Olympics and its not even close.

18. Unimane

Why do so many of you prefer the Winter Games? It has like half the sports, only so much you can do on frozen water, and so much less variety. Plus, they have the worst, the absolute worst "sport" of them all in figure skating as their featured competition. I mean, it's fine, but give me running, water and ball games all day every day.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

I just find some of the winter sports more entertaining. Skiing stuff, speed skating, hockey.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

It can be difficult watching your Arian brothers and sisters only compete in race walking, swimming and track events over 1000 meters