Heupel Press Conference tidbits

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Oct 18, 2021.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I'd love a breakdown on how all of this went down.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

He was a precious entitled brat.

justingroves likes this.
  3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

They were incompetent in such different ways—it’d be fascinating if it weren’t happening to us. Dooley was good on the X’s and O’s and assembled an excellent staff—and then gave up and drove everyone away. Jones could market and assembled great talent, but he couldn’t scheme at all, and was eventually found out. Pruitt could coach the nitty-gritty detail stuff but had no idea how to run a program and ultimately ran even his own speciality into the ground.

Daddy Gee, 10SEvols and justingroves like this.
  4. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

All I had to hear was his father Vince Dooley say on a tv gameday interview that he tried to talk Derek out of taking a head coach job because he wasn't equipped to be a head coach in the SEC.

5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

All I remember was how annoying his mom was on Knoxville sports radio for 3 years. Geez

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

There was a story that originated from people who grew up with Derek in Georgia that detailed how he cussed out the limo driver and his mother on the night of his high school prom. He was too spoiled and entitled to overcome himself.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Who do we end up with if he had been canned after year 2? Golden?

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm curious if Simmons, Evans, Hooker and the Mays brothers will play. UT easily covers with everyone back.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I believe Hooker, Evans and Simmons are planning to play.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Both Mays brothers out is bad, bad, bad news. The two that play in their places aren't good enough.

12. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I just want to get all those boys healthy for the back stretch of the schedule.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

My guess is we have worked on some new looks in practice this week if they are missing for sure.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Carvin is probably better than Cooper, but Ollie Lane isn't very good at guard. The oline overall is better with Carvin at OG and Cooper at center.

Cade is a big loss, obviously

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I want to play to win, but damn I kind of wish they didn't play this weekend.

zehr27 likes this.
  16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Agreed, that's what I meant about the replacements not being as good. The 5 becomes weaker when those two are out

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I expected Akporoghene or Lampley to be at least serviceable guards. They aren't yet

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I had high hopes for Akporoghene. He's an athlete

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I did too. Wonder what's holding him back. Big, ripped and long arms. Maybe just not mean enough.

20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Maybe it's attitude. I say that because I don't think I've seen him play a down and they've made it clear that they aren't gonna waste snaps on anyone who isn't doing what they're asked.

justingroves likes this.