Heupel Press Conference tidbits

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Oct 18, 2021.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I definitely scared my dog when for some reason they had to huddle up and discuss the intentional grounding safety, which was an obvious call requiring no deliberation

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

New rule should be a player is out for the rest of the series after injury. Or make it 2 series for a deterrent.

Joseph Brant and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was thinking a real world clock for full evaluation- e.g., 5 real-time minutes. Not game time, real-time.

Joseph Brant and Volokie like this.
  4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I doubt they go this direction because of convention, but this makes more sense.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

What I do know is any new rule will be quick to bite us in the rump just because, Tennessee.

Memtownvol, IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  6. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

You and me both

Volokie and Savage Orange like this.
  7. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

It's for the safety of the players dontcha know

Memtownvol likes this.
  8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

New rule if you have two injuries that are suspicious then you get an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Heupel gets to decide what is suspicious

Lexvol and InVolNerable like this.
  9. JohnnyQuickkick

If we’re going to go this far, he should just be allowed to pick 2 guys to not be allowed to play from the start

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

A modest proposal.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Would have used one on Guarantano every week. Smart to have 2.

InVolNerable, A-Smith and NYY like this.
  12. JohnnyQuickkick

For the other team, genius

13. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Dooley was bright but very immature. He doesn’t have SEC leadership skills

Butch and Pruitt were both low IQ individuals, but further proof of how great this country is. If they can be millionaires…we all have a shot.

JH has accomplished everything he’s shot for, and I applaud him for staying true to himself. He doesn’t have to pretend. I’ve said it before…UT needs him a lot more than he needs UT.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I said what I said and stand by it.

InVolNerable and Memtownvol like this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Good points.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I want to say Dooley had the most potential out of any of them, but then I remember that recruiting class with no linemen. What a terrible series of hires.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've said it before and I'll stand by it - I don't think Dooley was a terrible X's and O's guy. He was just too entitled and lazy to be a head coach in the SEC. He could have probably done all right at at a G5 or FCS school long term.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

You are probably right, but that name and upbringing were always going to put him on the stage he ended up. Unfortunately for us, Mike Hamilton crapped his pants, found some "britches", and the stage was in Knoxville. The rest is history.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He [uck fay]ing quit and wanted his buyout after year 2. They wouldn't fire him!

Daddy Gee likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Comparing the previous 3 hires is pointless. They all are incompetent and that is all that matters.